Bad games

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Jones » Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:47 am

I am about 10 from mine, but I was saying he is lucky to be 15 min from the Garland Scout Ranch. If you know Mickey from Shreveport; he has it best being right next to Ford Park.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Warlord » Sat Dec 23, 2006 4:28 pm

I may be close, but like I said, I've never played it. I did read John Houck's description of his experience in designing the course and it sounds like a place that I would like to spend some time. I didn't know that it was open to the public....still don't know....guess I'll have to call the Scout Ranch to find out.

I agree completely with OldTyme in that bad games = bad putting....at least that's been my problem lately. I've been spending my lunch hour putting and throwing approaches in the woods lately. It seems to have helped.

Link to Houck's Garland Scout Ranch experience:
http://www.circularproductions.com/content/view/38/55/
Warlord
Noob

ughhhh

Postby Discoman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Just had almost tow of those rounds....Played my local cousem Delaveaga for 46 holes to tune up for the Ice Bowl. Nothing working, hit metal of some sort on so many putts that didn't go. Then started letting things get to me. Trowing drives tentatively...a tentative shank is not really an improvement, then my partners comments, "you should try tese buzzes I see you turn your Rocs over alot" Ughhh thats cause, never mind just let me shank in peace. went to the library after and picked up a few books on mental Golf, I ll post any improvements my goal is to win the AM2 Icebowl here...tbc
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Postby jmammo » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:42 pm

I played two rounds at a 24 hole course today. I started off throwing backhand for my drives. But they went all of the damn place, most of them not going over 200:oops: . Then I tried forehand on the second go around. I did a little bit better with most going 200 some as far as 250. And my putting was horrible. I missed 20ft putts I could have made any other day. Normally I throw around 225-275 but today I was just totally off. I dont know wtf my problem was :(
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby rwmurrow » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:18 pm

In the round I played today I did everything well exept putting. I couldnt make a put to save my life.
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: ughhhh

Postby Eric O » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:36 pm

Discoman wrote:"you should try these buzzes I see you turn your Rocs over alot"
hehe ouch.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Re: ughhhh

Postby Weebl » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:56 pm

Discoman wrote:Just had almost tow of those rounds....Played my local cousem Delaveaga for 46 holes to tune up for the Ice Bowl. Nothing working, hit metal of some sort on so many putts that didn't go. Then started letting things get to me. Trowing drives tentatively...a tentative shank is not really an improvement, then my partners comments, "you should try tese buzzes I see you turn your Rocs over alot" Ughhh thats cause, never mind just let me shank in peace. went to the library after and picked up a few books on mental Golf, I ll post any improvements my goal is to win the AM2 Icebowl here...tbc

I'll see you at the Ice Bowl, maybe even do a round or 2 the day before to warm up?
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby domromer » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:53 pm

I either hit a tree on every hole today, or kept my drives under 200ft and 4 inches off the ground, oh well, still better than work.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Previous

Return to General Discussion