Rounds per week

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby sleepy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:54 am

In the summer, I play about 3 times a week...once on Monday nights for league, and then whenever I can fit it in after that.

Now that after-work daylight is over, that limits me to weekend-rounds, which aren't always possible. Add in the fact that I'm going back for my MBA in January, and I'll be lucky to play once a week. :evil:

Oh well...such is life. :|

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby bigboi76 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:45 am

So, I'm not gonna turn pro going once a week? I used to get 3 rounds in per week, but working 60+ hours each week has really put a damper on my rounds. Also seen my scores creep up. Sucks. 21 rounds a week. That would be nice.
bigboi76
Noob

Postby roadkill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:02 am

bigboi76 wrote:So, I'm not gonna turn pro going once a week? .

I know lots of pros who play only during tournaments.

Golf is primary mental. Of course you have to reach a certain skill level before you can get by on the once a week thing. Once you have good control on an array of shots it's rather easy to maintain with very minimal practice. I used to work 70+ hours a week and never practiced but was still competitive in open.

If you have limited time you'd be better served by practicing shots rather than playing rounds. If you have 30 minutes of time 3 times a week you could devote that time practicing anhyzer approaches, rollers, putting one day, hyzer approaches, straightline drives and putting the second day. Maybe on the third day practice airbounce approaches, turnover drives and putting. Notice I put an emphasis on putting because that's where the most strokes are gained or lost.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby vonDrehle » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:34 am

This summer I played atleast 2 rounds everyday except sunday. Now that school has started and everyone I played with has gone to college and I'm a senior in High School I normally get maybe 3 or 4 rounds a week.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby The APX Archer » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:15 am

There is only one course in my area and it's a forty minute drive. I usually get out there every Sunday and play atleast 2 rounds of 24 holes.

When I lived in SE Michigan my home course was ten minutes away. The short drive made it real easy for me to go there almost every day.

Since I've been down here (Florida) my approach and putting game has gotten so much better than what it was in Michigan. I really never practiced those parts of my game up there because I was always at the course trying to beat my last best score or get aces.

Down here where I am know, only one course, forty minutes away, lots of traffic, etc. etc. etc. Most of my playing time is in the backyard on my skillshot. Putting and tossing at it. I feel that I'm a more complete player by putting/approaching with most of my disc golf time.

In Michigan my drives were the best part of my game. Right now, down here, my driving is the worst part of my game. That's because I haven't been practicing it much at all.
The APX Archer
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion