Rounds per week

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:47 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:So yes... that means outside of disc, class, and work I dont have much of a life this semester... :roll:

Kid im with you. Thats about what my life consists of as well. Oh and the girlfriend thrown in their. But i can drag her out for rounds :)
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:49 am

Two rounds a week. I get out every Monday and Thursday. Job + Wife + Writing + Drawing = lots of time consumed. You are all ADDICTS! :wink:
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Weebl » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:55 am

Possibly.

10-15 rounds a week. I have 2 courses on campus, and 1 course at my work. Well, what used to be work as I was laid off. If that case I'll get another 2-4 rounds a week in.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:23 am

domromer wrote:
Rob wrote:Being a student and living right down the road from a great course I get out just about everyday for at least one round. If im really busy ill go out and just play 9. But somedays if I have nothing to do ill play 2 rounds. So between 7-10 rounds per weeks and in the summer id say even more.

nice, I'm jealous

me too...

darn kids! LOL!
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Eric O » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:25 am

I get in about 5-8.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mysensesfailme10 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:52 pm

when i get out to the course i normally play like 50-60 holes. so maybe like 8 or 9 rounds a week
mysensesfailme10
Noob

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:09 pm

I play between 8-10 rounds per week. I also throw about 200-250 putts everynight at work.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:29 pm

the invisible tree wrote:I play between 8-10 rounds per week. I also throw about 200-250 putts everynight at work.

I wish I could play at work... I just get to have fun, mess around, watch tv, eat free food and drink...

Rob wrote:
Thatdirtykid wrote:So yes... that means outside of disc, class, and work I dont have much of a life this semester... :roll:

Kid im with you. Thats about what my life consists of as well. Oh and the girlfriend thrown in their. But i can drag her out for rounds :)

Yeah me and my girlfriend are really no longer, we are taking time to spend w/ our friends because we didnt do that much... except most that extra time (hours a day) are now spend on DG and my art. oh and this week I also found time to take a coping saw and a sureform file to an old skate deck to make it some ratty short board crusier type deal, perfect transportation around campus.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby domromer » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:20 pm

anybody ever take anytime off? Maybe a week off just to recharge the disc golf batteries? I think If I played as much as some guys here It would get a little stale for me. I need to mix things up so they stay fresh.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Solty » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:34 pm

ive taken weeks off at a time. i twisted my knee...and when i got back out..i felt refreshed!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby didihitatree » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:20 pm

In the summer when the days are long, I probably average 2-4 rounds a week. Definitely one round Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to squeeze another round sometime during the week if I can get off work at a reasonable time. If not, I'll usually try to play two rounds on one of the weekend days. During the winter, I'm limited to the weekends. So probably 1-3 rounds.

The real problem for me is the lack of time I spend practicing. :oops:

What I wonder is how good is everyone here? I know when they have a Tier C tournament at my course, the top 10 or so finishes in the Open are around -8. I shoot around -1 or -2 probably 90% of the time, but that's not my average because every once in a while I'll have one of those +5 days. I think my best is -5. Also, it's my home course so I suspect I gain a stroke or two advantage.

So, I guess I'd call myself a fairly decent duffer. I don't embarass myself, but it's not like I wow anyone on the course either. I get the feeling most of you are a lot better than I am.
didihitatree
Noob

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:40 pm

Six or seven strokes off the open winner is definitely respectable.
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:44 pm

didihitatree wrote: Also, it's my home course so I suspect I gain a stroke or two advantage.

I can play a bit better at a new course than the ones I play every day. and for using that as a comparison to how well I paly personally. Most courses the pros are consistantly 8-10 under I am 4-6 under. Playing tags I have taken pros tags a couple times, but thats when I play well and they dont...
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Timko » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:57 pm

The course that got the majority of the play in IC is a shortish technical course. It doesn't have any boomers (longest is 500, and it's a dogleg), but some very technical holes that require very accurate shots. I'd imagine that pros consistantly shoot 7-10 down, and I'm normally even to 4 down (I have a bit bigger margin for error in my game). I've shot -8 before, and have gone on stretches where I would be in the 5-6 under range for a week or so.
There's a new course that just got put in here, with tons of different shots (technical, big boomers) that I think will start to seperate out the divisions even more, so I'm looking forward to training on that course.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby garublador » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:36 am

didihitatree wrote:What I wonder is how good is everyone here?

I'm not a compeditive disc golfer, but comareing my normal scores, adjusted for how well I did in the one tournament I've been in, to ratings I've seen posted for the courses I play I'd say I'm, at best, an OK intermediate player. I'd put my rating somewhere between 880 and 900.
garublador
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion