course etiquette

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby swel304 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:51 pm

I can understand maybe someone near you talking, or "hovering" over you, or in your line of sight and staring you down, but if being able to see people on the next tee effects your putting you really have a problem. wind distraction? lol. "I just cant putt till all the leaves on that tree stand still". Im not trying to bust balls here, but if things like this are really an issue try doing a couple rounds baseketball style, where everyone trys really hard to distract each other while putting, ect.. actually, that sounds kind of fun. steeeeeeve perry!
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Amateur » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:58 pm

I would have called him out for cheating but it was the first hole. I was going to call it out again if I saw it. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Excessive use of a mini. Forcing me to use a mini instead of the disc I just threw even though I'm not throwing said disc, rather using it as my "mini".

And to wait behind Steve :roll: . basically this guy made the tournament about 1 hour longer. It was a "fun tournament" that was not fun for a lot of us.

I'm sure everyone will act very professional at your tournament.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Blake_T » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:09 am

it used to be a PDGA rule until like 2003 that you had to use a mini marker on every shot.

if you used your previous disc as your marker, you weren't allowed to throw it again and it was considered an "illegal mini" by being beyond the specs of the acceptable mini marker dimensions.

this rule was waived due to speed of play. it's advantageous because now you have more freedom of placement to get better angles.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby deaddisc » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:08 am

Blake_T wrote:it used to be a PDGA rule until like 2003 that you had to use a mini marker on every shot.

if you used your previous disc as your marker, you weren't allowed to throw it again and it was considered an "illegal mini" by being beyond the specs of the acceptable mini marker dimensions.

this rule was waived due to speed of play. it's advantageous because now you have more freedom of placement to get better angles.

So does this mean that you dont have to use a mini at all during tourney play? I think that making the mini less crucial is great, some people really take that overboard. IE: tap in putt from >5' "you have to mark that"
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby garublador » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:31 am

deaddisc wrote:So does this mean that you dont have to use a mini at all during tourney play? I think that making the mini less crucial is great, some people really take that overboard. IE: tap in putt from >5' "you have to mark that"

Only if you don't throw the same disc twice in a row. My understanding is you can use the disc you just threw as the marker, but if you pick it up before you throw again you have to mark your lie with a mini.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Amateur » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:14 am

That's right garublador.

What's best about this guy was that he hit his head on a DISCcatcher putting a mini in front of his putter that was touching the pole :lol: . The mini had to lean against the pole and dirt because his lie was that close. Then he put his foot down behind the mini and began his 10 second putting routine closer to the basket than I stand at the toilet to pee. I'm glad I remembered that now.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Mini

Postby trogdor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:46 am

Mini use is generally not required. It's only required when you cannot use the thrown disc (OB, repositioning 1 meter within OB, want to throw same disc, etc.)

803.03 Marking the Lie
A. [mini use...]A player may instead choose, without touching or repositioning the thrown disc, to use the thrown disc as the marker. [don't move the marker, etc.]

Tell Steve to learn his rule book! (That's lots of fun with a so called rule enforcer):twisted:

I very rarely use a mini. I do keep one in the bag to mark OB shots, or on very rare occasions where I want to throw my Tee-Bird twice in a row.
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby Discoman » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:11 am

Sooo strange, there is a "Steve" here too! Hey Weebl are you refering to the Steve at Dayla with the dog?
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to General Discussion