Competition

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby bigs348 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:12 pm

Up near me, most of the courses are on state park land. The parks department helps out by cutting grass if we ask them, or occasionally removing fallen trees, but we take the brunt of the work. Our club payed for all the baskets and teepads and put them all in, we pick up litter and empty the trash cans, we put wood chips out on the fairways, etc. The head park guy loves us and has told us on numerous occasions that he wished we worked for him instead of the maintenance guys that he has.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby garublador » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:16 pm

We're fortunate to have a really great local club that takes care of all that stuff. I don't mind them taking over a course for a tournament for a weekend, especally since most of the tournaments only help to strengthen our city's reputation in the DG world. Plus, there are enough great courses around that there's always one that's tourney free for a weekend.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby discmonkey42 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm

I, too, played in my first tournament this year. I liked it so much I played in 10 total this summer. Had a great time at each one. Sucks that you didn't find the same thing. All I can say is that some people suck while most people are all right. Don't let the sh*theads get you down. 8)
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Timko » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:05 pm

I only played on tournament, but it was because I don't think I had developed all the skills to play intermediate here in eastern iowa. I expect to get in 3-4 tournies before I graduate in May though, and think I'm both physicly and mentally prepared to handle the whole experience.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Previous

Return to General Discussion