Discs in bag help

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discs in bag help

Postby bigboi76 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:29 am

How many different discs does a typical person carry in their bag? How many different makes of discs do you carry? Weights you're partial to for certain discs.

I'm just curious because I'm not a newbie as far as time I've been playing, just always been kind of a hack. Been playing for about 4-5 years. I throw consistently scratch golf at most any course I play (Kimball Pines in BC, MI and Hornet's Nest in Charlotte, NC were/are my home courses). I can throw a drive in the 300-350' pretty consistently. This is where the problem comes in for me. I golf alone 99.99999999% of the time. If I golf with someone it's someone I've run into there that is solo or a large group and asks if I want to join instead of playing thru. I don't know what normal as far as discs go for people. This is what I have in my bag: CE Valkyrie, CE Leopard, CE Beast, Elite X MRV, ROC (not classic), Pro Shark, Valkyrie, Pro Cheetah, Gazelle, JK Pro Aviar, Gator. My weights for most all the discs are around 175g. My CE Valkyrie is my longest disc. The discs I use the most are my MRV and my ROC because I know where they're going to go. Are there any discs I should leave out and any others I should think about getting. Also, are my weights ok or what should I do. I shoot RHBH and almost all my shots go right to left.
bigboi76
Noob

Postby garublador » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:09 pm

This article does a great job of explaining a good way to put together a bag of discs:

http://www.discgolfreview.com/resources ... rlap.shtml

Right now it looks like you have some overlap in your midrange discs and a bit in your fairway drivers as well. It also may help to have a couple of overstable drivers, too.

The driver "slots" (1 mold per slot) I have right now are: putt/approach, midrange, control driver, straight driver, fast-overstable driver and distance driver. I try to stick to base level plastic and have 2-3 discs in various stages of wear. I'm going back and forth on adding a slower, overstable driver as well.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby swel304 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:56 pm

whats the difference between control driver and straight driver?
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby garublador » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:29 pm

The straight one only goes straight. It will have a decent resistance to turn and not much fade. The control driver will be less high speed stable and have more fade. It allows me to throw S shots and sweeping hyzers better. Once a control driver gets beat in it will have very little fade, but hold a turnover line without crashing into the ground. It's more versatile but harder to get a really straight flight path out of.
garublador
Disc Whore

Return to General Discussion