Disc golf on crutches?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc golf on crutches?

Postby Simon Moon » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:55 pm

So I broke my ankle with about 1 month or so left in the season. After about 5 weeks, I got the itch. I gathered my buddies up, and we played a round. I usually throw RHBH, but threw sidearm for the round. My putting was awful. My drives actually were ok. I didn't have the distance, but it was straight down the fairway for the most part. I shot +11, and skipped two holes that I deemed too treacherous to play on crutches. I'm usually a +2-4.

Any other take no prisoners disc golf stories?
Simon Moon
Noob

Postby Glock23 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:00 pm

I played a couple rounds with torn tendons in my ankle. I wish I would have waited because the stupid thing never healed right and still throbs every so often.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby deaddisc » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 pm

I broke my right hand doing something stupid, and had to have a cast put on it. This was in the fall which is my fav. disc golf season so I learned to play lefty. I was awefull the whole time but at least I got to get out on the course.

Also, while playing at a local course my friend and I met up with a guy who only had 1 leg and was playing. He didnt have a prostetic leg either; he put his cane under his bad leg (1/2 gone) and used it to pivot on. He was a really cool guy and could throw pretty far. He said he was on his way to Martha's Vineyard and never misses our course when he comes up this way.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby superq » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:58 pm

played a two week session this year left handed. best I got was 28 on a nine holer that I have shot 19 on righty...

Great experience though and now I have a fairly reliable 50-75 foot lefty aproach/trouble shot
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby roadkill » Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:28 pm

I competed in Open with a cast on my leg in a pdga event once.
(I didn't cash but I wasn't DFL either as I beat about a third of the pro field)

Two rounds on a long strenuous rocky, hilly course. I was never so tired after a tournament as I was that day!
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Return to General Discussion