any discs you hate?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

star wraith

Postby twmccoy » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:05 pm

lock-off wrote:i find star wraiths to be way more overstable than a pro wraith. id throw one for big hyzers but theres no point in carrying it b/c a pro will do those for me too.

Of all the wraiths, the star is probably my least favorite. I still carry one though and can get 400' out of it when necessary. You really have to put some arm on it though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby koronin » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:39 am

I'm pretty new to DG and have a friend that uses a stingray for left to right shots and I thought, I gotta go get one of those. I quickly got frustrated and he told me that the stingray really starts to perform once it's been beaten up a bit and he traded me one of his for my new one. I get good left to right action on that one almost all the time and if I don't, it's because I threw it wrong.

pointdisc wrote:Saw this and had to add. The stingray. Had one to try for right turns, only one out of 800 throws went where I wanted it to, even after tons of throwing with it. It eventually ended up in lake MI, on purpose. Found one about a month later and same thing.

pd
koronin
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Sacco » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:16 am

It's sad to see any disc golfer say they hate a golf disc. If it flies, it's a good disc. It's good for someone and it's good for any given shot.

People complain about discs being way too understable (like a Stingray), that's what it's designed for. Beginners can thrive from using this disc. And more advanced players use Stingrays for awesome rollers!

Personal preferences are one thing, such as the rim is too big, the diameter is too big, too domey, etc. But to say a disc sucks, well that's just downright evil....LOL.
Frank Sacco
Noob

Postby calvarycoffee » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:47 pm

this thread keeps coming back from the dead. . .

LOL

-btw <snicker> i still hate 10x eagles.
Do not resist chances. . . and there will be one less thing you cannot do -ACG
calvarycoffee
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Sacco » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:56 pm

Calvary Coffee,

It looks like you created a monster with this post. LOL. Aaaah, this is a free country, you can hate any disc you like. Let's take full advantage of our freedoms and say that some even suck! LOL.....all in good fun. Good luck for the rest of your life with this thread.
Frank Sacco
Noob

Postby twmccoy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:58 am

Yeah, and I hate champion teebirds, wolfs and stingrays.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby JerryS » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:08 pm

Archangel and Dragon. I've had friends get ahold of these and throw a few good shots with them and they won't stop using them. They're just too inconsistent imo.

Jerry
JerryS
Noob

Postby Rooster » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:07 am

the wizard. i hate it because its wayyy to hyped and wayy to popular. i gaurentee everyone will be back to their aviars or challengers within a year.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:24 am

Rooster wrote:the wizard. i hate it because its wayyy to hyped and wayy to popular. i gaurentee everyone will be back to their aviars or challengers within a year.

I know on here its popular but around me only a few people throw them. In certain areas like new england i know a lot of people throw them. I used to throw aviars and made the switch to wizards about 6 months ago. Ive taken out my old aviars and challengers just to see how they do and they just dont feel right in the hand. I think thats what it comes down to with putters is what feels comfortable to you. The only things about wizards is i wish they made some as soft as like omega supersofts. Even with that i know i wont be switching to anything else.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:26 pm

rooster, I think that alot of discs are like that, but I dont think the wizard is one of them, it has been popular for alot longer than just a year. I dont think anyone would go back to a avair P&A after throwing the wizard for more than a month. And the grip on the Avair X is not very good for alot of people (that and the wizards flight is better)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

aviar X

Postby twmccoy » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:48 pm

I just tried an Aviar X that I found and I don't really like it. The plastic is way too floppy and you never know what the disc will do out of your hand. I did get some decent distance out of it though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby discmonkey42 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:22 pm

You'll have to pry my wizard from my cold, dead hands. :D
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby domromer » Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:57 am

DX Coyote: It just feels wrong in my hand, no matter how I grip it, it just doesn't feel right.

Star Sidewinder: This is a love hate disc. I've made some of my best shots ever, I've made some of my worst shots. I just can't sem to throw it consistenly. Hence it will be on ebay next week.

Champion Eagle: Way to overstable. I don't think I ever got a good throw out of it. I play in the woods and it's really nice to be able to thow a disc straight.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:57 am

its that kind of additude that got the EX mold of the eagle discontinued, It used to be a great moderately overstable disc for most, or a great control driver for the rest (in DX) ;-), If you havent tried the EL mold, it should be really straight for you.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby MR. WICK » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:27 pm

Aviars!!!!!!! they are prolly good for most but not me.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion