any discs you hate?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby redspexxx » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:59 pm

goblin, aero, hydra. i see so many people putting with these too, it makes me so sad. but then again, who ever said that a putter HAS to be overstable?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

hydra

Postby twmccoy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:14 pm

redspexxx wrote:goblin, aero, hydra. i see so many people putting with these too, it makes me so sad. but then again, who ever said that a putter HAS to be overstable?

I agree on the hydra. I threw one and it flew like crap. No wonder I found it floating in a lake.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby twincitiesdg » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:04 pm

I agree that the hydra is one silly disc. However, a buddy of mine throws the bulldog (same mold, different plastic), and bangs 50 footers like its his job. Just goes to show that no matter the disc, if it works, it works.
twincitiesdg
Noob

Postby twincitiesdg » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:13 pm

I forgot to post discs that i don't like (because there are no discs that I hate, I have love for any disc that flies). I really don't care for wraiths or teerexs. I have never had any success with either and moreover I think the way that they are marketed is silly. To call something "the fastest" and "furthest flying" disc only encourages newer players to go right to them even though they don't have the power or technique to make them fly correctly. I don't want to go on a full-flegged rant, but they bother me.
twincitiesdg
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:02 pm

twincitiesdg wrote:I agree that the hydra is one silly disc. However, a buddy of mine throws the bulldog (same mold, different plastic), and bangs 50 footers like its his job. Just goes to show that no matter the disc, if it works, it works.

they used to be different molds, the bulldog was a stable mid, the hydra was neutral/understable, now they killed the bulldog, and kept its mold and are making bulldogs in hydra plastic. Its a very different disc. (i didnt like either)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Previous

Return to General Discussion