Bag Tag Challenge

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:51 pm

thats how ours is generally run, well worth the 20$ membership in its own.

We have a design contest each year for the tag design (stamped on leather), and the winner gets a free membership for the year.

that would be aswome too. Our tags 1-20 are all different w/ the names of the 20 courses to be put in in CO in order, which is cool. then 21-100 are different and 101-200 or so (not sure the numbering though)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:22 pm

I like the bag tag idea, but I don't belong to the local club nor was issued one because it was felt I'm not out often enough. In actuality, I play more than they do just in the mornings rather than after noon, sometimes twice a day.

Still it wasn't that big a deal to me. I have seen much bickering over the tags though. For one, the person that held the high tag was "stripped" of his tag because he didn't play on certain days at certain times; I'm not sure how they actually retrieved the tag.

Doubles was also an issue. The other thing they were arguing about was injuries. How do you handle someone coming off a back injury that is playing just to stay fluent while rehabbing? I believe they took him of the challenge list.

I think it would be cool to have tags with course name or info on it. So those of us that travel to play different courses have tags to show this.

Still I think it's a cool idea.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby discmonkey42 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:40 am

Our club has some pretty simple rules to prevent this type of stuff.

1 The only way you can lose your tag is to lose it in a challenge.
2 No one is exempt from challenges for any reason
3 It is for fun and we don't fight about it at all, ever, it's just a tag
4 We've got members who live far enough away that they never play with another club member except at tournaments. We're thankful for the support and don't really care what tag number they have.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Previous

Return to General Discussion