Todays findings

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: disc finding

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:43 am

twmccoy wrote:Not bad. I found 54 discs yesterday and 19 Saturday. I got a pro wraith, ESP surge, 7 champ beasts, 2 champ orcs, a star teerex, 5 flashes, a buzz, a star valk, a star beast, 2 star sidewinders, a z avenger, 2 champ starfires and many other sweet discs. I wanted to do one last good search before the lakes freeze.

Guys in Texas are so cheap I see two or three at a time in the water stripped down to their skivvies. I had to go in after my new Storm the other day and that water was friggin COLD!!!!

I don't see anybody leaving anything in the water unless they are playing in a tourney.

Hey, I like the Z Avenger and Star Valk. :D
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby superq » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:00 pm

we have a family in town that for the last 12 years the kids have been retriving discs from the local lake course (they live 5 minute walk) they would always go in a few times a month and clean it up and get several hundred discs a year. It has been cool to see them all become good golfers and some even really good. Plus it is a bonus to play with them in case you throw one in the standard retrival rate applies $3.00 if it is your disc.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Wow.

Postby twmccoy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:00 pm

I just realized I ended up finding 119 discs last week. Lots of cool new stuff to try out.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby mysensesfailme10 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:49 am

i found a first run dx eagle. does that have any value at all?
mysensesfailme10
Noob

Postby twmccoy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:38 am

mysensesfailme10 wrote:i found a first run dx eagle. does that have any value at all?

Not really. I found one of those once and gave it away. If you see any CE eagles or KC pro ones they have some value.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby domromer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:48 am

I usually go to Scottsdale and get a few discs out of the lake there. That lake is full of discs. There are 5 holes where water comes in play. A whole bunch of guys make all sorts of contraptions to collect discs from the lake. They sell them to the proshop for a buck each. Then the proshop sells them. They have at least 200-300 used discs at anytiime. If they find your discs and it has your name on it, they will sell it back to you for 2$ otherwise the used stuff goes for 4-10$ depending on the plastic.

I'm one of those people who will swim to get a disc back, I only have 4 discs that I use regualry and they are all broken in just right.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby pointdisc » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:48 pm

Well, went out yester day. One of my friends shanked one onto the ice (course near a river) and while going out to get it he see one under the ice. Back to my van for my auger (ice fishing season by the way) and drill away. Found 5 more that day. A mint ZXS, mint dyed pro Leopard, 10x KC Pro Eagle, Custom Stamp glo disc (not sure what kind), a cheetah, and a panther. Not too bad a finding for being iced over.

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

discs

Postby twmccoy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:17 pm

I found a few more discs this weekend. The searching was hindered greatly by 4" thick ice, but I still found a ESP surge, champ valk, champ SW and champ orc.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:31 pm

I always try to get discs that I throw in if I can. I used to go in the pond at a course I played at in FL. and I would usually pull out 30-50 discs. I wouldn't dive cause the water was nasty, I'd just snag discs with my toes. There was a guy that used scuba gear at Tradewinds Park, in Fort Lauderdale and he would get 200-300 discs a couple times a year. I thought that was pretty nuts because at the back of the park the lake was only about 15 feet from a canal. In FL. canal=gators! :shock: Anything farther out than a couple of feet, I said goodbye.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby domromer » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:46 pm

yeah I would be afraid of gators
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Re: pro orc

Postby Weebl » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:26 am

twmccoy wrote:Yeah, those pro orcs are really unpredictable. I have a 158 that will just bomb if thrown right. Only problem is it's hard to throw it hard without it flipping.

I have a 168g pro orc and its not beat but not new. It isn't any more predictable than a wraith.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby pointdisc » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:30 pm

Went out again today and got 4 more. A Z-X2, Z-Wildcat, Champion Beast, and a Cyclone. Probably going tomorrow for more.

Anyone know how to tell the difference between the old mold and new mold Beasts?

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby Tanner » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:47 pm

You went out today? Could you even see where the disc landed at all? Way too foggy.
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

Postby mothrows » Tue Dec 12, 2006 6:11 pm

I believe the new mold beasts have quite a bit more dome to them.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

beast

Postby twmccoy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:05 pm

mothrows wrote:I believe the new mold beasts have quite a bit more dome to them.

The underside of the rim is also smooth like a sidewinder. More understable than the old beasts.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion