Disc golf guide book

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc golf guide book

Postby domromer » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:55 pm

Is there any such thing as a disc golf guide book? A book that talks about courses in all the different states. Like an atlas for disc golf. I bet it would sell like crazy. It would be fun to make as well.
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Jwt4412 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:59 pm

Closest thing to that I have come across is www.discgolf.com
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

Postby Rooster » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:02 am

theres a group of guys that this year went and played every course in the state and they are making a detailed guide book for us michigan golfers...
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Terrence » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:38 pm

I talked to a young woman that is also in the process of making a Michigan DG guide book. The Ludington courses were toward the end of her 80-something course tour throughout the state. She actually took an entire year off for this project. The guide is scheduled for release in the spring. I will definitely buy one.

www.discgolfmichigan.com
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby mothrows » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:00 pm

I like playdg.com, but it doesn't cover everything. What they do cover is pretty in depth though.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:34 pm

No pictures or nothing. But nice little descriptions about a ton of courses here:

http://www.geocities.com/the_lung/discgolf.htm
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Frontman311 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:43 pm

Terrence wrote:I talked to a young woman that is also in the process of making a Michigan DG guide book. The Ludington courses were toward the end of her 80-something course tour throughout the state. She actually took an entire year off for this project. The guide is scheduled for release in the spring. I will definitely buy one.

www.discgolfmichigan.com

Yeah I ran into her too, she played league w/ us actually.
Stay positive and love your life.
Frontman311
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:06 pm

Rob wrote:No pictures or nothing. But nice little descriptions about a ton of courses here:

http://www.geocities.com/the_lung/discgolf.htm

This is the best collection of detailed course reviews I'm aware of. There are 150 different courses reviewed by Jeff LaGrassa. Pretty well written and descriptive. Jeff lives about 20 miles from me here in PA and 34 of the 150 reviews are PA courses but reviews are also taken in 23 other states as well as a few in Canada. States with a significant number of courses reviewed include: Pennsylvannia (34),Texas 18 , North Carolina (10), New York (10), New Jersey (9) and California with 8 courses included in this review.

The PDGA also has a course evaluation program that gives scores for certain design elements and amenities. It can accessed here: http://www.pdga.com/course/eval/course_eval_search.php
However I do think these ratings have to be taken with a grain of salt as the courses have different evaluators with clear biases but can still be used for reference.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Return to General Discussion