Re: New Clash :/

Postby Trey133 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:55 am

Aaron_D wrote:Must have Clashes:

Renny Gold
Winthrop Gold
Vallarta Ast
Blue Ribbon Pines

Meh:

Cliff Stephens (I wanted to like it so badly)
Hornets Nest

The mixed format with best / worst / tough is just not as fun to watch.

I would take Winthrop Gold and put it in the Meh: Category. Other than that your list is perfect. In terms of all around amazing shots, I would put BRP over Renny gold, with Vallarta Ast at the end. In order of most suck to least suck, I would put Hornets nest over Winthrop, and then cliff stephens at the end (just because I really enjoy watching Markus on that course, I would almost put this in the OK section, but yea it sucked.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:19 am

jubuttib wrote:
JohnnyB wrote:What dvd's would people here suggest as a MUST HAVE. I'd like to have something around to pop in when the "What are all these frisbees for?" conversation pops up.

The Tali Open 2009 dvd when it comes out, most definitely. The youtube material by lcgm8 is already by far the best disc golf footage available and from what I gather the dvd versions are going to be even better.

Aargh! The shop I ordered the new sound card for hosting recording from did at first not order it at all. Now it missed the deadline. I may have to start looking around for alternatives after making a ¤(/)#Q&¤&(#¤" call.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Flipflat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Animix wrote:2003 USDGC... Most of it's not great, but the Ken/Barry duel is just spectacular.

I was underwhelmed with the 2003 usdgc DVD. I know it was recorded 7 long years ago, but I don't think the footage was that great, quality-wise. I think there were a few instances where the cameraman forgot to zoom in on the discs in flight. The announcers who did the play by play/narration were annoying, IMO. As far as the battle, all they did was play the same boring two holes over and over again! I kind of figured they'd do 18 again until someone screwed up, like sudden death. I'm not a hater, I guess maybe I've been spoiled by the Clash series and what I've seen by Icgm8. :lol:

Best of the Clash-

Blue Ribbon Pines
Vallerta-Ast.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby keltik » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:05 pm

lcgm8 has definitely bitch slapped other DG video formats. him/them and diskheadcage.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Flipflat » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:17 pm

keltik wrote:lcgm8 has definitely bitch slapped other DG video formats. him/them and diskheadcage.

Yep, Icgm8 and diskheadcage are the best on youtube. I know Icgm8's got a dvd in the works, and I'm convinced diskheadcage has enough followers to warrent a grassroots dvd. Clash needs some competition.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Leopard » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:10 pm

Flipflat wrote:Clash needs some competition.

ooh, please nothing competitive with Clash :)
something really well done would be nice tho

Commentary during filming... that would not fly even in a highschool AV class

I do like to loop Renny Gold with the sound off.. pretty cool visual of a pro-casual round. The old guy / young guy shred-fest is the best part too.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby plastic_fondler » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:41 pm

Animix wrote:2003 USDGC... Most of it's not great, but the Ken/Barry duel is just spectacular.

also heard good things about the Skylands Classic DVD

2003 usdgc battle is amazing. It helps to know that course though to appreciate what they are doing. Barry also didn't bird hole 1 all week until the playoff loops.

Skylands is good for checking out warwick and you get a chance to see 2 cards worth of pros. The film is a little washed out though.

St. Louis open is a good one for watching Barry, Nikko and Justin.

My favorite vids though are the usdgc lead cam ones. The quality isn't the best...no disc golf vids are, but the insight from the player's commentary is great. Hearing them talk about why and how they played a hole is cool. And hearing them talk about which mold is being through helps too.

msdgc 2004 is the bomb though for watching Cam and Ron Russel.
plastic_fondler
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: firebird

Postby jubuttib » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:09 am

keltik wrote:lcgm8 has definitely bitch slapped other DG video formats. him/them and diskheadcage.

I just checked out diskheadcage. Very nice quality. I especially approve of the music.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:28 am

Ungh! The shop I ordered the new sound card from Denmark from Rolands Scandinavian distribution center which received the order. Unfortunately they left my order hanging in the system due to some glitch. It's coming now that it was sorted by telephone but there's a strike in harbors and transportation which screws me royally because equipment trouble has postponed things for a month already. Nice doing business with professionals who don't seem to be interested in getting money. If there were equal products available I'd said ¤&#ggit and gotten an alternative. Sigh.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby ziggy » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:58 pm

Andy-MN wrote:Clash brp is my favorite of the series, but my fiancé bought me the tupelo bay DVD and my god it is the worst disc golf DVD I've seen. If you watched any YouTube videos then you've seen this DVD. Attrocious video quality, random holes to follow (you get no sense of the leaders if the tourney or standings of the competitors) and on the second DVD Billy Is announcing with a mouth full of food on one hole. Really disappointed in the quality of this product.

Deaf guy here - based on the action - it is totally random and the angles suck. I did not enjoy tupelo bay.

My personal fave is still Marshall street with Cam Todd's Hot round.

Renny Gold Best Shot doubles would be #2.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:18 am

I got in BRP and hornets nest yesterday. BRP is awesome.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Trey133 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:23 am

BRP rocks!

Watching Nikko 360 is kinda neat
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby dgdave » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Hornets nest is a tough watch.
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby scoot_er » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Trey133 wrote:BRP rocks!

Watching Nikko 360 is kinda neat

He said Cale made him look bad by throwing a good shot and making him try something stupid which more often then not didn't work out. :mrgreen:
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Postby dgdave » Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:29 am

This was just posted on Facebook

Schweby wrote:is ready for some Clash at The Darkside on Friday ...
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion