What's your "money" putter?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:52 pm

generally I use a different wizard for different situations. I have a med thats beat to hell, and alittle lighter than my main putter that I occasionally use in a tail wind. However using a lighter disc in any wind can be risky. A light putter nose up w/ a tail wind will get pushed down much faster than a heavier one, same for nose down in a headwind... or eadge down in a crosswind...
flat putting is just so much more versitle :-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby ryangwillim » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:49 am

I used to use Wizards exclusively, but living in SoCal you can't just go and buy one at the shop. Gateway plastic is not sold anywhere in SoCal and it was just getting to much of a pain to get my hands on new Wizards. So I started using Pro D Challengers and love them, they don't last as long as a Wizard would, but they work nicely.

D Challenger.
ryangwillim
Noob

Postby superq » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:32 pm

I have a stack of about 30 money putters. All wizards all flex from SS to Firm (no E for putting) They chill in a big stack in my living room on the book shelf. When I go to practice putting I grab a handfull or all of them and out to the back yard I go. usually there is one or two that just feel great and I will stick them off to the side when I am done putting and swap them into my bag. I used to have 1 putter that was like a go to but now I have so many that are all so great I just swap them in and out.

Currently I have 5 black chalky wizards that have been rotating in and out the most.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby Solty » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:34 pm

superq wrote:I have a stack of about 30 money putters...

i have 20ish wizards now...all shapes and sizes...however i prefer E to S plastic. I've tried putting w/ S and see no real difference. I do have a hard S that i wil break out for my driving putter.
Last edited by Solty on Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby superq » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:37 pm

I find the E to be just a little to slick and for some reason I seem to get a lot of straight back spits with the E.

That may have more to do with our local baskets kind of hard to describe but the rings that the chains connect to in the bottom are not right. first they are both small rings an inch or two larger than the pole, then the inner chains only hang down to about an inch above the top of the basket so if your putt comes in low and flat it likes to hit that ring and shoot back at you.
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby domromer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:23 pm

my money putter is a ss wizard, the same wizard I just crawled 20ft down a drainage tunnel to get!! Wizards are hard to come by out here in AZ
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Eric O » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:33 pm

superq wrote:Currently I have 5 black chalky wizards that have been rotating in and out the most.
These are also my favorites right now too.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:55 pm

domromer wrote:my money putter is a ss wizard, the same wizard I just crawled 20ft down a drainage tunnel to get!! Wizards are hard to come by out here in AZ
Thats for sure! I played Vista Del Camino in August and a couple of locals were tripping on my E Illusions and chalky Wizards. They said they don't see any Gateway discs, that stuff just isn't popular there.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby domromer » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:10 pm

yeah you never see gateway out here. I play in leauge night and I'm the only person who has a wizard. They do sell them down in PHX but they charge $15.00 for a wizard. No wonder nobody buys them.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby sleepy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:55 pm

170g Black S Wizard

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby widewhale » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:33 pm

166 Banger-GT
widewhale
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: dx bb aviar

Postby BHW » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:27 pm

I've been using Wizards for the past month or so, and have settled on an Evo Wizard I aquired in a trade here. I'm eventually going to end up with several Wizards ( I have 3 now), and try to rotate them all in for even wear.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby sleepy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:21 pm

domromer wrote:the same wizard I just crawled 20ft down a drainage tunnel to get!!

Atta' boy! :D

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby swel304 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:12 pm

money putter? hell with the dgr.com wizard! I will pay top dollar for a wizard with a $ on it! :P
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Jwt4412 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:22 pm

Marbled Blue 175g SS Wizard... but I love to drive my Medium old-school Glossy Blue/Green 175g...
Jwt4412
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: DGA D-Line Reef

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion