Look who I played with today!!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Look who I played with today!!

Postby jmammo » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:30 pm

This may not be a big deal to some people but it was to me. About 5min. ago I just finished 1 round with this guy http://discraft.com/team_papa.html
I knew him by the kick ass red hair. Scott and I played a casual game at my home course in Joliet's West Park. He threw some pretty kick ass shots and I threw a lot of shitty ones because I was so nervous :oops:
He gave me a light blue 174g Z Crush and he signed the bottom of it! When he asked me if I wanted it I almost shit my pants and didn't know what to say but I muttered yes.
In retrospect it was a pretty kick ass day and he is a pretty kick ass guy.
Cheers!
Jack
Last edited by jmammo on Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby roadkill » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:53 pm

In my region I've played many rounds with Mike Moser, Steve Brinster, Joe Mela and Jim Myers.
I've also played with Ken Climo, Dean Tannock, Avery Jenkins, Brian Schweberger, Shawn Sinclair, Jay Reading and Al Schaak.
I actually beat Avery and Shawn the first round at the Seneca Soirre but they beat me overall in the tourney.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Rooster » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:10 pm

ive played with, mark ellis(master - discraft), darren harper(master - discraft), scott martin(highest rated lefty in the world - innova), daymon pugh(X team - discraft), and a host of other, thank god michigan is a hot bed for disc golf!
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby some call me...tim? » Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:54 pm

Yeah, I played with Scott at a tourney earlier this year, and he's a really cool guy. He's one of those guys that even though he's one of the best out on the course, he's all about just having fun. He's got his own private course out at his place, check out his website http://www.dalaiwood.com/. It's supposed to be one of the most challenging courses in Washington, and it looks pretty sweet. I have yet to make it out there, but it's definitely high on my list of destinations.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby steveohio » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:46 pm

I got to play a round with the infamous Fatstick this Summer here in Ohio while he was on his DG vacation. (ENVY :D ) And, with Derrick's
brother Mitch in Raleigh, NC two years ago. Not the biggest names
I suppose but two guys I take pleasure in having met and playing
a round. Along with Mitch his bride-to-be Marsha also played.
steveohio
Noob

Re: Look who I played with today!!

Postby Bradley Walker » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:32 am

jmammo wrote: He threw some pretty kick ass shots and I threw a lot of shitty ones because I was so nervous :oops:

Heck, kid some day you will stomp all their asses, maybe you can push them around in the wheelchairs...HA!!!

PS, don't tell your Mom. Red hair??? That is the same color as SATAN!!!
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Look who I played with today!!

Postby jmammo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:29 am

Bradley Walker wrote:PS, don't tell your Mom. Red hair??? That is the same color as SATAN!!!

hehehe :lol: you remember! She would have flipped out even if I told her I went disc golfing today. So, I told her I had sex with some girl I met at the mall. To tell you the truth the reaction was not as bad a when I told her I was going to play DG.
Weird :wink:
Buy the ticket, take the ride

Too weird to live, to rare to die

You are my one and only Chicagooo
To dream in RED, to dream in WHITE
For you we all shout into the night
jmammo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby The APX Archer » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:38 pm

When I lived in southeastern Michigan I had the pleasure of playing MANY rounds with Marty Peters ( Discrafter ). Helluva guy! He can throw a soft challenger 400+ and act like it's nothing. Very humble and classy person. Very generous as well. One day he just gave me a Discraft bag that holds up to twenty something discs and a first run Z Avenger.

Another Discraft Pro I played quite a few rounds with is Geoff Bennett. This guy gives me hope for my sidearm game. He's a class act as well.

I miss Michigan.
The APX Archer
Noob

Postby krusen » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:54 pm

I had the honor of playing some night golf with Timmy Gill last summer. He's a very down to earth guy, and does so much for the DG community. He even offered to help me with the course design and installation here.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Postby dscglfgeo » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:03 pm

Rooster wrote:ive played with, mark ellis(master - discraft), darren harper(master - discraft), scott martin(highest rated lefty in the world - innova), daymon pugh(X team - discraft), and a host of other, thank god michigan is a hot bed for disc golf!

Every once in a while I let him play with me too. :D :D :P :D :D
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby Tanner » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:16 pm

Barry Schultz is from my town of 20,000 people so that's pretty cool. I haven't thrown with him but I've played in a tournament he was in.
-Tanner
Tanner
Noob

Postby the invisible tree » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:47 pm

I beat Avery Jenkins, Nate Doss, Steve Rico and a host of other pros in local doubles points. :D
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Return to General Discussion