quarter k

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

quarter k

Postby coolest » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:35 am

Why did they made the quarter k in a solf plastic. do all disc that come out hot of the press come in solf plastic They should make the k in a harder plastic
coolest
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:26 am

the quarter k went through around 937 production problems. the hand poured prototypes at the '04 worlds were much firmer.

the current quarter k is a retooled version that has gone through tons of plastic variation. this is the plastic they were able to get to hold its shape out of the mold. i'm sure if enough people complain about it they will be working on a more durable blend.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Smyith » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:36 pm

i think the plastic is absolutly perfect. its super grippy and i hope they dont ever change a thing.
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Supermau » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:45 pm

I kind of like the plastic too. My Quarter K doesn't see a lot of action because I'm still working on being able to control it better. But I do like the plastic. I've nailed a couple of trees with no real scars to speak of yet.
Supermau
Noob

Postby alerik » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:51 pm

Have a friend that has one. He seems to like it. Although I believe he hasn't played in a while, and has only thrown it about 10 times.

I overheard some local club players say it flew real well, but it was just like DX plastic. After what I learned from this web site about plastics, that might not be a bad thing.

I have thrown one once and the impression I got from the plastic was something between Pro and DX plastic from Innova.
If I can't beat you now, I will practice until I can.
alerik
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:02 pm

not sure if the blend has changed between runs 1 and 2 but players had a lot of issues with the first run quarter k's due to their lack of structural rigidity and inability to maintain shape with even moderate heat.

there have been a lot of warp problems especially on the flight plate. from my experiences the effect on flight from that is minimal, but it was a big turnoff to many people.
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2005 11:39 am

I never got to buy it. Others offered to give it to me. It is okay in distance, but not greater than discs I already have.

It end up flippy as hell, which is why I never got one. It reminds me of a beat up polaris (but flippier). When new, my friend thought it was a jls.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:10 pm

i've found it to be pretty stable when new... similar stability to a crush or starfire.
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Dec 07, 2005 10:42 pm

Blake_T wrote:i've found it to be pretty stable when new... similar stability to a crush or starfire.

I never got to throw a brand new one, just when no one wanted theirs anymore.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion