K-Dog 19's updated bag

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

K-Dog 19's updated bag

Postby K-Dog 19 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:51 pm

Forget this bag Idea.

I have a different one below that I like better.

(P.S. I am not a fan of Rocs or Wasps)
Last edited by K-Dog 19 on Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

good bag

Postby twmccoy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:31 pm

Looks pretty good. I could play rounds with your bag and score well. I personally would change out the firebird for a teerex or flick, but that's just me.

BTW, those dragons aren't as sissy as the 150 weight may indicate. I have a few dragons that glide out over 400'.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Amateur » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:43 pm

If you haven't tried the Star TL yet you might not find it to be short. Everyone here says that the X Avenger is longer than the Z, for me the Star TL is on average 10 feet longer than an X Avenger. Way more forgiving to bad technique too.

If you are just planning on buying discs and making up a bag without actually throwing any of the mentioned discs you will be suprised and probably dissappointed.

Heavy S Demons are hard to find. Your firebird and extra height would yield the same result, just play the skip.

If I were you my bag would be:

170 Champ Firebird (wind)
172 Star TL (goto)
Whatever incarnation of the Inferno that has been around longest. (max D)
DX Dragons (water, turnovers, downwind)
DX Firebird (water, overstability)

175 ESP Buzzz (master 1 mid before f'ing with another)

170 S Wizard (E's are more durable but for me they like to eject themselves from the basket on good putts. Plus S is the best plastic in any weather condition. Slippery putter=I'm beating you on the course :wink: )

I think that a simple setup with discs that get thrown regularly will yield the best results for anybody.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Amateur » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:51 pm

And if you are going to throw a disc over the water, what better than a disc you know you can throw to begin with. If you had the #2 hyzer and used it for headwinds over water only how well would you know the flight of the disc.

What's worse is when you actually face the headwind over water and you chuck your disc in the middle of the drink. Your disc is floating in the middle of the lake and it is your shot again. Just cause they float don't mean they come right to you.

Not trying to be a peter head btw.
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby garublador » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:40 am

I agree with Amateur. If I were you and wanted to use the discs you listed, I'd pick these:

Firebirds
TL
Inferno
Buzzz
Wizard

I also agree with what he said about S vs E Wizards.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby K-Dog 19 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:08 pm

Then would some dx firebirds be good for going over water insted of the Hyzer #2?
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:13 pm

K-Dog 19 wrote:Then would some dx firebirds be good for going over water insted of the Hyzer #2?

Anything you can throw that you can almost guarantee will not end up in the water is what you should be throwing over water. If you can't guarantee that you should find a new line or consider laying up.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby K-Dog 19 » Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:51 pm

Then I will get some dx firebirds insted of the Hyzer #2.

Looking at what Amateur said about the Tl and Avenger now, I do think that the TL isn't a good choice for shorter driver. Seein how my brother drove his Dx tee-bird 400' :!:...How would an Eagle or Gazelle work for short, strait, downhill drives then?
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:01 pm

K-Dog 19 wrote:Then I will get some dx firebirds insted of the Hyzer #2.

Looking at what Amateur said about the Tl and Avenger now, I do think that the TL isn't a good choice for shorter driver. Seein how my brother drove his Dx tee-bird 400' :!:...How would an Eagle or Gazelle work for short, strait, downhill drives then?

If your TL is too long throw the Buzzz.

I prefer Gazelle or Teebird over a TL, even if it isn't downhill.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby K-Dog 19 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:21 pm

Ok everyone, I have been doing some research and found some other discs that I think would suite me better. (Most of these are discs that I have thrown before)

Tee-Rex-Extreme D, Mod. headwinds (5-15mph headwinds that I do not want to wast distance on)

Tee-Bird-Shorter more controlled shots, Go to driver

Champion Firebird-15-30mph headwinds

(2) Dx Firebirds-Simply driving over water in a headwind

Dragon-Tailwinds, driving over water

Valkyrie-Tomahawks

Stingray-Anhyzers, Rollers

Demon, Headwind approaches, Sidearm approaches, Shooting around corners

Buzzz- Strait shots, One disc rounds

Aero-Tunnel shots, Skip shots

E-Wizard-Go to putter, All shots within 50'

What do you think of this bag?

I deicided to cut one or two discs in order to make room in my bag. Plus, i heard that the fewer discs that you have the better you will become.

P.S. I use a stacked grip, throwing 300-325' with the Avenger I have.

(I have thrown a: Tee-Rex, Tee-Bird, Buzzz, Aero, E-Wizard, Stingray, Dx Firebird, Valkyrie, and the Dragon before and liked them. The only ones I have not thrown befor are: Champion Firebird and S-Demon)
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion