Dragons

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Dragons

Postby K-Dog 19 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:45 am

Hey, I was just sitting and thinking if their was any weak spots in my bag. Well, my quesstion is:

If the Dragon has the same turn and fade as the Valkyrie, will it work well for Tomahawks since the Cheetah which has the same turn and fade as the Valkyrie works well? (Dragon, Cheetah, Valkyrie = Turn-2 Fade-2)

P.S. I had a Dragon before, but I lost it in a swamp before I thought about trying a Tomahawk with it.
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Re: Dragons

Postby Fritz » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:36 pm

K-Dog 19 wrote:Hey, I was just sitting and thinking if their was any weak spots in my bag. Well, my quesstion is:

If the Dragon has the same turn and fade as the Valkyrie, will it work well for Tomahawks since the Cheetah which has the same turn and fade as the Valkyrie works well? (Dragon, Cheetah, Valkyrie = Turn-2 Fade-2)

P.S. I had a Dragon before, but I lost it in a swamp before I thought about trying a Tomahawk with it.

Only problem with teh Dragon is it's 150class only. It's been my experience that the lighter discs don't handle Thumbers and Tomahawks well.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby K-Dog 19 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:12 pm

.....Thats strange because I have always heard that lighter discs are better for tomahawks... :?: ...
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:19 pm

depends on arm strength and disc stability.

150 flicks are good overhand discs.

one thing you have to remember is that the cheetah is NOTHING like the valk and dragon, even if it has the same stability.

it has far different rim contours and will yield very different flight behaviors/tendencies even if the "line" on a "flat" throw is fairly similar.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby BHW » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:20 pm

I'd say from my experience, the Dragon is like no other disc I own. I've thrown if dozens of times, mostly on the field practicing. I hate that thing.....it's a useless disc for me. I'd rather use a disc I can actually throw over water, not one that's going to hyzerflip right into the drink. Is a Dragon supposedot resemble a Valk....seriously?
BHW
Tree Magnet

dragon

Postby twmccoy » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:21 am

Dragons are very inconsistent from disc to disc. I've seen very flippy ones, and others that actually stay flat when thrown hard. If you find the right one, a dragon can be about as long as anything out there.

I agree the super flippy ones are useless though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby black udder » Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:32 am

I can't imagine why you'd think about picking up a disc for that purpose when most of us have some beat-in discs that seem to work well for that purpose.

Although, I must admit that with an old shoulder, I don't throw that shot, so I'm not real particular about the disc when I throw it.

Would love to hear if there is a justification for having a specific disc just for that purpose that's reasonably new.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Blake_T » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:01 am

Is a Dragon supposedot resemble a Valk....seriously?

no, it's supposed to be a slightly more overstable archangel.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby BHW » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:09 am

Oh, because mine resembles a Whippet with a lead weight tied to it........
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby K-Dog 19 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:29 am

Ok then, I was just asking that because I was trying to increase space in my bag. I will stick with a Valk for Tomahawks. ( I don't like throwing Valks :( , but I like throwing Dragons. Go figure)
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion