What did you get for Christmas

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

What did you get for Christmas

Postby domromer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:46 pm

I thought I'd start a thread where we can make each other jealous, about all the cool DG stuff we got for Christmas.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby swel304 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:52 pm

I dont get anything cool for xmas anymore unless i buy it myself, does that count? I bought myself one of those instep baskets and a quadshock :D
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:04 pm

I got myself a new Gorilla Boy bag. It's camo so I gots to be careful where I set it down!
I always buy anything I want for myself, so finally my girlfriend got pi$$ed and told me I couldn't buy myself an i-pod. Geez, I have already waited 2 months and I've got 3 days to go :shock: . I think I can, I think I can.....
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby cmlasley » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:06 pm

Star Teebird
6 more Wizards
Cyclone
Sabre
Champ Aviar

I think that is it for DG gear.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby Timko » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:21 pm

(Another) Star Teebird
3 M Wizards (if Dave will answer his damn phone)
3 Glo Warlocks (if Dave will answer his damn phone)
Gazelle

And maybe a Tsumami or Predator.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby OldTyme » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:23 pm

I bought myself one of these.

Yellow Glow Firebird

Pretty cool. A yellow glow-in-the-dark disc. Too bad it will never see the ground : )

I am giving away 3 Wizards & 3 various other used discs I have.

Ooh. I forgot my Mom bought me a season pass to my favorite disc golf course. WooHoo! Sweet.
OldTyme
Tree Magnet

Postby domromer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:06 pm

I bought my wife the smallest gateway bag...I'm waiting to see what I'm getting.
Last edited by domromer on Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:29 pm

Dom, did you give someone a list of discs & weights? I love it when people give me an ultimate disc for a gift, because I play "frisbee golf".
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby domromer » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:48 pm

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Dom, did you give someone a list of discs & weights? I love it when people give me an ultimate disc for a gift, because I play "frisbee golf".

I imagine it will be a gift certificate from GGGT, Either that or I had some discs on my amazon list.

domromer
Plastic Fondler

Postby black udder » Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:27 am

3 wizards
1 inferno
a new beast
some new inside chain for my in-step basket.
second set of quad shocks (on clearance sale at discgolfworld)

Am currently successfully fighting off the urge to purchase a second revolution bag in navy or yellow... I know I'm really insane when I'm wanting another one of those. If Gorilla boy ever advertises, I'll be in even more trouble.

You guys are killing me too... got a whole box of dx plastic that I now have to go rethrow in warmer weather, need to throw a roc back in my bag, play with the new wizards, throw the gazelle back in the bag (maybe have to by a damn dx gazelle), maybe a teebird (I have a couple 150's in star, but the dx is soooo much better (especially in the heavier weights).

What a sucker/whore I am.

Thank God Blake's dvd isn't out yet and somebody so kindly found the 2005 DGC video and posted it. Got a nice little dg video fix before Christmas.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:55 am

It's nice to have a couple of bags. I have a large Gorilla Boy for tourneys and a Revolution Texas Edition that I use for practice or fun rounds. When Gorilla Boy makes his bag with 2 bottle holders I've gotta get one of those. The girlfriend just shakes her head at all my disc related purchases.
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:56 am

domromer wrote:
Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Dom, did you give someone a list of discs & weights? I love it when people give me an ultimate disc for a gift, because I play "frisbee golf".

I imagine it will be a gift certificate from GGGT, Either that or I had some discs on my amazon list.

I wish I woulda thought of that!
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Solty » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:07 am

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:...The girlfriend just shakes her head at all my disc related purchases.

My ex was the same way....now i get support from friends and family to keep @ my addiction. They still dont understand why i have so many discs....i just keep explaining backups and you can never have too many putters for practice :)
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:25 am

mikesolt wrote:
Mr.SmOOOth wrote:...The girlfriend just shakes her head at all my disc related purchases.

My ex was the same way....now i get support from friends and family to keep @ my addiction. They still dont understand why i have so many discs....i just keep explaining backups and you can never have too many putters for practice :)

I just find it best to hide my plastic. My wife has no idea how much cash is locked up in plastic flying discs. The trick is to find ways to store them so that they don't appear to be accumulating. LOL!

My daughter was born two weeks ago. That's my christmas present.

Happy holidaze to all!

peace
:D
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby cmlasley » Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:45 am

disc_golfing_fool wrote:My daughter was born two weeks ago. That's my christmas present.

Well, that about trumps everyone. No one-upping that one! Congrats, that's the best present you could get. Now, if someone could just stuff your stocking with sleep, you'd be set.
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Next

Return to General Discussion