Raw fingers ?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

tape

Postby twmccoy » Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:45 pm

If I'm playing in dry or cold condtions I sometimes wrap a layer of duct tape around the rip point on my index finger. It helps prevent cuts and abrasions. You have to use good quality duct tape though or it will tear quick. Also, it feels strange at first throwing with tape on your finger, but you get used to it quickly.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby wannabediscstar » Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:02 pm

Thanks to all of your good tips and theroy's . After posting and reading some response I re-read the grip articles and noticed I was having a hard time getting the disc to the seam of my hand . I belive this was placing too much finger pressure on the inside of the rim . So I went out for a round on a long course and after a while I noticed I have came alot closer to snap . I read the articles a while back , but I was so new to it I don't think I got it . Now my wrist feels more springy and it helped my distance alot . The change has affected my timing but it wasn't too bad . Also after changing I had a harder time throwing flat so some practice should fix me back up . After reading a lot of these forum post I belive I am gonna re-read everything , maybe multipile times and thanks again .
wannabediscstar
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion