Tulsa

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Tulsa

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:22 pm

I grew up in Tulsa. I played McClure when it was still a natural course. Riverside was installed when I was in gradeschool. I remember hating Hakey Creek when it was built as it was so hard.

Anyway, I went home for XMas and got to play some. OMAGAWD!!!! The courses are gorgeous!!! McClure is so well manicured, and Hunter's Park was such a cool course!!

Mainly it was great to meet such great people. I met a few guys on MY LAST DAY!!! I had to drive home and they wanted to play every course in town!!!! SHIT!!! It would have been so much fun.

I wish I could have been throwing like I am now. I spent most of the week trying to figure out how to throw bent arm, weight forward, hips open, etc... It got ugly at time.

I am, most likely going to the PGA Championships at Southern Hills in the summer. I plan to play DG every day.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby dgdave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:23 am

you won't see much ball golf if you play all of t-towns courses. if you count the whole metro, they have 15 courses I believe. you definatly have to get in red and blackhawk. they are in mohawk park, right next to the zoo. devillio is fun too. mcclure has a little proshop too if you lose anything. lots of twisted flyer stuff.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Timko » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:46 pm

Did you get a chance to play either of the hawks? In particular, did you play blackhawk?

I do agree, the tulsa courses are very nice. I went to undergrad at Arkansas, and got a chance to play some of the older courses before moving to Iowa. They've got they're shit together down there. for sure.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby dgdave » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:08 pm

both of the hawks are great. I've only got to play them twice. black has a good mix of everything. long, short, open, tight, straight, and doglegged. there are also 3 holes that play over and around 2 ponds. it will test most of the shots in you bag, if not all of them. red has a lot more open holes. the front 9 is a great warm up. lots of roc and aviar shots, or take the huge spike shots for fun. the back is a little more technical with 2 almost 900 footers, both with ob running the whole length. the old courses have been upgraded and the new ones are killer. if anyone comes this way, give me a pm and i'll try to make it up there. I'm only a little more than a hour away from t town.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby scoot_er » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:36 pm

What's the doubles record on the Blackhawk? My partner and I shot -9 (45 ) after Am worlds.
scoot_er
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion