Finder’s , keeper’s ?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: gazelle

Postby twmccoy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:21 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
twmccoy wrote: I chucked it across the pro tee at badlands #12 and it made it.

Lol, good hole to use someone elses plastic on. ;-)
that is one of my favorite holes in the denver area, however if you cant make it, theres not much a lay up option, so i can see where people complain.

btw has the bottom of that pond flattened back out some, or is it still a real sharp drop of on the shed end?

The bottom of the pond still drops off sharply in the area to the right of the building. Your disc could roll in and be in 3' of water. Last couple times I searched there I did well because they moved the pin way to the left by that olive tree. All the players from the rec tee were throwing stuff in.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby BHW » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:51 pm

I'll try if they have name/number. I've lost quite a few, all with my name/number and NEVER had one returned. I'd say around here its finders keepers unless you know the person. Even then, some will keep your disc knowingly.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Re: gazelle

Postby trogdor » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
twmccoy wrote: I chucked it across the pro tee at badlands #12 and it made it.

Lol, good hole to use someone elses plastic on. ;-)
that is one of my favorite holes in the denver area, however if you cant make it, theres not much a lay up option, so i can see where people complain.

btw has the bottom of that pond flattened back out some, or is it still a real sharp drop of on the shed end?

Ha! I had a guy call and leave a voicemail that he had my disc. I called him back and he said "Sorry, I wanted to see how it flew and it went right into a lake." (9 at Longmont has lots of water on the left) The disc was a Pred. and he said he normally throws a JLS. :oops:

Oh well, I had replaced the Pred already...
Pred, Wraith, TeeBird, Eagle, Whippet, Cobra, Rhyno, Arrow
trogdor
Tree Magnet

Postby dave9668 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:25 pm

When I have a day off I like to spend all of it at the local course, play a few rounds. Then when I get a little worn out I go hunting. I call on any disc that I have found with a name and number. All of the people were really excited that I had found their disc and called them. There is no doubt in my mind that if they find one of mine they will return it.
dave9668
Tree Magnet

Postby roadkill » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:45 pm

domromer wrote:I've lost a ton of discs and never got a single phone call , so I don't bother making any calls myself.

I totally disagree with this sentiment.

Maybe the bulk, if not all, of the discs you lost were never found by anyone. Maybe the discs that were lost were recovered by dogs that made them into chew toys.

Just because you have a perception that others were playing finder's keepers doesn't justify you as a regular golfer to do the same.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby roadkill » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:56 pm

I feel if someone bothered to write their name and number on the disc they would really appreciate a call if the disc is recovered.

I feel if you find a disc with name and number you have an obligation to call the number even if it's long distance (use your cell after 9 or on weekends).

If you reach the person they should agree to meet you locally or make arrangements for someone to get it from you. If they live out of the area they should paypal you the postage or send you a mailer with the postage label.

Personally when I lose a disc (very rare) I assume I will never see it again but it is a boon when it's returned. Not counting a couple I drowned, I think I've lost 3 discs in the past 12 years.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Discoman » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:39 pm

It's all about the Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you wish they would do unto you!" I feel grat when I get a disc back! What better gift than to give that feeling to somebody else. I have had many discs unreturned, I would not give that bummer feeling to anyone if I have the power ie. phone number to do the right thing. That being said I wouldn't ask any one to go out of their way to return my plastic, if I want it just knowing where it is and that it is safe is great!
Discoman
Tree Magnet

Previous

Return to General Discussion