Discs you love but don't need

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Discs you love but don't need

Postby black udder » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:05 pm

For whatever reason, I love champion beasts, the Z surge, the Z crush, 150 valkyries (dx or champ), soft magnets (only), pro D wasps (most) and the Teerex. I have (as you know) many other discs... practically one of each driver mold, but for some reason, I still have to put most (or all) of these in my bag.

I'm capable enough to throw these or any of the others with about the same consistency, so it's not like I perform super well with these over anything else, but I just don't have the same feeling towards other discs (Rocs, wizards, wraiths, predator, you name it).

Anybody else with irrational crushes on plastic discs?
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby domromer » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:30 pm

Teebird, This was the disc I truly learned to drive with.

No disc feels as nice in my hand as a tbird.

I also have a special place in my heart for my green pro shark. For my first year olf golf, I could not drive worth shit, My midshot was what saved all my games. And even though I can drive pretty well now. My mid game is still what keeps my scores low.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

discs

Postby twmccoy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:57 pm

I have a thing for ESP surges and pro/star/CFR wraiths. I can throw them interchangably. And they are both in the bag. As for discs I love that aren't in the bag, champ orcs, champ beasts.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:56 am

I love alot of discs. . . but dont carry: buzzz Z or X, avenger, dx teebird, D cyclone, eagle, element x (especially opaque E), and my storms (replaced w/ sabres).
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby discmonkey42 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:24 am

I really like, and miss, throwing a z xs and a z mrv. Both are discs I learned on and have many good memories of throwing but neither have been in my bag for a while.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby swel304 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:44 am

I found an old x mrv and used it for about a year. during that time it was probobly my most used (and most successfully used) disc. I dont throw it anymore but I just cant bring myself to get rid of it.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:58 am

Either x avengers or SOLF, haven't decided which one is staying in the bag. Z XS and Z Xpress. The Z Xpress is one of the best discs that nobody carries, probably like the valkarie; I see in forums how great it is, but I rarely see one being thrown. The other would be z wildcat.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby garublador » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:04 am

The Proline Gremlin (or is it Pro Line Gremlin?). Granted, using Element-X's I can do everything I could with a Gremlin plus a lot more, but I still like the disc.

Discs I don't use, but still really like include the Valkyrie, Predator, Avenger, OLS, JLS, Blaze (on and off), EXP1, Banshee, XL, Element, Challenger, Aviar and the original Beast (probably some others, too). Sometimes I think about putting together different bags just so I can use some of these discs.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Timko » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:11 pm

The valkyrie is in my bag, but I don't really ever throw it now that the inferno is in there for max D. I just can't talk myself to taking it out of my bag.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby PRES 10 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:26 pm

I'd have to say my star Aero because of its glide, this thing is invaluble for heavily wooded courses. Another would be my z crush, I dont have much use for it but I cannot take it out of my bag for some reason.
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Postby Terrence » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:47 pm

PRES 10 wrote:I'd have to say my star Aero because of its glide, this thing is invaluble for heavily wooded courses.

I miss my Champ Aero dearly. It was one of those discs I had in my bag that I loved, but didn't need. I forgot it at a soccer field when practicing one day and I haven't bought a new one since.

I keep a first run 150 Z-Flick in my bag. I call it my cheater disc since I can hyzer it way way up in the air and still get good distance and also throw it sidearm nearly as far as my backhand.

Polecat. It flys just like any other putter for the distance that I use it at, but I keep it in my bag just like the 5 other putter molds that are in there :roll:
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

flick

Postby twmccoy » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:40 pm

Yes, flicks are a great thing to have in the bag. I like the heavier ones though.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Rooster » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:18 am

my first love was my wolf (yeah laugh it up). i love that thing untill i learned how to throw. my current love affair is my flashes. cant tell ya why or how but i can make that disc do some insane shit for a high speed driver.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Texas Made » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:53 am

For me its the Panther, and gazelle....
I still use them, but i can do anything that the panther does with a Roc, and anything that the Gazelle does with a teebird......But they still have there place i my bag...as for my most coveted discs, CFR Wraiths, and X-mold monsters in the 168-170 range. Trouble is, its pretty hard to find CFR Wraiths in the 168 - 170 range...Anybody have any?
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Bruce » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:05 am

For the longest time an X-MRV, one of the original 3 discs I bought, held a spot in my bag, and I'd use it for anything under 280' on varying degrees of spike hyzer, despite the fact I was more accurate with my Omega SS on direct lines.
It earned me the nickname Hyzer Boy (often sung to the tune of Wonder Boy by the mighty Tenacious D :D)

I reluctantly took it out of my bag about 3 weeks before my bag was stolen, I still pick it up occasionally and wonder if I have room for it, if only as a lucky charm :oops: :lol:
Bruce
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Dx Roc

Next

Return to General Discussion