Discs you love but don't need

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby BHW » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:51 am

I love the RoadRunner, but I like the Sidewinder in Star plastic better.....I've thrown several RoadRunners and Sidewinders, and have yet to find the slightest bit of differense in the two discs. If the RoadRunner came in something besides Champ, I wouldn't have replaced it with a Sidewinder.
BHW
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:53 pm
Location: NC, Raleigh

Postby Craig » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:47 am

DGA Rubber Gumbputt - it's a dumb disc, and I never seem to use it. Still - I love it for some reason. It's weird and good for playing catch.
Craig
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:32 pm
Location: Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Bruce wrote:It earned me the nickname Hyzer Boy


I have been given that name from a couple groups of people. I used to throw hyzers at everything 250-325 w/ an element-x, further a pred, and further an avenger. now i do the same w/ wizards, wasps, and preds.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Weebl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:24 pm

a broken in Pro Starfire.

It crushes, but it doesnt have the consistancy to be in my bag... Damn good roller too... When it works..
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee"
-Dr. Stancil Johnson
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:33 pm

BHW wrote:I love the RoadRunner, but I like the Sidewinder in Star plastic better.....I've thrown several RoadRunners and Sidewinders, and have yet to find the slightest bit of differense in the two discs. If the RoadRunner came in something besides Champ, I wouldn't have replaced it with a Sidewinder.


Roadrunner vs Sidewinder in a roller throw will destroy the sidewinder.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:34 pm

Great Topic!

I'd say the Gummy Z Flash. I loved that disc, but I just can't find another that is like it. Pro TL was great too, I just don't have a place for it in my bag.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Weebl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:38 pm

Squall... If I didn't use the Gazelle I would probably use the Squall... beautiful disc.
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee"
-Dr. Stancil Johnson
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:13 pm

Weebl wrote:Squall... If I didn't use the Gazelle I would probably use the Squall... beautiful disc.


I never got to really try out the squall. I won one from a tournament, first throw it hit the pole on the basket at hole #2 (EXPO) for you Colorado peeps rolled into the abyss known as a pond at Expo and I never saw it again. I was bummed too cause it had a sweet High Plains Challenge stamp on it. Greedy pond divers.
>_<
I searched for an hour and almost lost my disc diver in the process getting stuck on a rock.

I just never got around to buying another one.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Weebl » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:37 pm

The DGA office is 10 minutes from my house, so if you want another I can get you one if you're unable to find one you like. The new Key Lime colored ones are fairly flat and the plastic feels like old CE... Nice and stable.
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee"
-Dr. Stancil Johnson
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Postby domromer » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 pm

Weebl wrote:The DGA office is 10 minutes from my house, so if you want another I can get you one if you're unable to find one you like. The new Key Lime colored ones are fairly flat and the plastic feels like old CE... Nice and stable.


Do you know what dga does with there blowfly xouts? I'd like to get someof those.
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2841
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona via IRB Florida
Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:30 pm

Fritz wrote: first throw it hit the pole on the basket at hole #2 (EXPO) for you Colorado peeps rolled into the abyss known as a pond at Expo and I never saw it again. I was bummed too cause it had a sweet High Plains Challenge stamp on it. Greedy pond divers.


Stinks you didnt get to let one really fly w/ that one (its a great tweener, similar to the storm in terms of range)

and that hole is cursed for ace runs rolling straight back toward you to the water. I have had a disc chain out (hit high) and kinda bounce off the nubs and roll backward to ob (retrievable). Yet Ive only had one putt roll in on 11 and 14 where theres really a hill, or is closer to the water.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby the invisible tree » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:51 pm

old mold Dx Beast
z xl
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:08 pm
Location: parts unknown
Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Fritz » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:40 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
Fritz wrote: first throw it hit the pole on the basket at hole #2 (EXPO) for you Colorado peeps rolled into the abyss known as a pond at Expo and I never saw it again. I was bummed too cause it had a sweet High Plains Challenge stamp on it. Greedy pond divers.


Stinks you didnt get to let one really fly w/ that one (its a great tweener, similar to the storm in terms of range)

and that hole is cursed for ace runs rolling straight back toward you to the water. I have had a disc chain out (hit high) and kinda bounce off the nubs and roll backward to ob (retrievable). Yet Ive only had one putt roll in on 11 and 14 where theres really a hill, or is closer to the water.


Yeah, it hit the pole, and then that stupid cement ring popped it up on it's side and boom, into the abyss.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Dragon

Postby Will Aubrey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:52 am

I like the Dragon because I have had some of my longest throws with it. But it's too unpredictable to throw
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 353
Joined: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:15 pm

Postby bigs348 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:33 pm

I think it would be the old mold Pro Line (candy) Beasts, and Champion Panthers.

I love both of these discs so much, but I just don't have a spot for them anymore. The Beast was my go to driver for the first 2+years that I played and I could do all kinds of stuff with them. Panthers are such a versatile disc, I could throw any kind of backhand throw with it, I could throw tomahawks and thumbers, I could roll it backhand and forehand. Great disc.

I also like the TeeRex, but I'm not currently throwing it.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 799
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:27 pm
Location: new jersey

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest