Object / tree courses

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Object / tree courses

Postby domromer » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:29 pm

We have 2 tree courses here in Flag, both tree courses are more challenging and scenic than any of the official courses in town.

Do you guys have similar situations in your towns?, or are the tree courses inferior?
If all you ever do is all you've ever done, then all you'll ever get is all you've ever got

http://www.dustybootsphotography.com
domromer
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: JLS....Bitches!

Postby adidadg » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:22 pm

I love temp courses, the layouts are almost always more unique and challenging. This is probably because a lot of permanent courses try to keep the recreational players in mind whereas it is usually more experienced disc'ers who design and play on the temp/tree courses.
adidadg

Postby sleepy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:23 pm

We don't have any object courses here that I know of; but safari golf is pretty popular and is always a good time. It's also limited only by your creativity...and any people on the course that don't know you're playing safari! :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby black udder » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:34 pm

We have one object course that I haven't played, but one of our courses is very easy to play alternative hole/tee placements, so folks have created a "super course". One of the perks of not having a packed golf course all the time.

Some of the folks that created it found that our course is fairly small compared to some of the newer courses, so all the holes are longer and typically more challenging.

Lots of fun. One one course we have longs, shorts, bricks & super holes.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Will Aubrey » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:56 pm

I created a website for an object course we play here.

http://discgolfmurray.bravehost.com/discgolf1.htm
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion