Funny Anti-Discraft Stamped Innova Disc...Not a BASH thread

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Funny Anti-Discraft Stamped Innova Disc...Not a BASH thread

Postby Solty » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:04 pm

This photo came up on a Anti-Discraft thread on my local board. Looks like it was from ebay....made me chuckle.....

Last edited by Solty on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:24 pm

What's up with the Discraft haters? I've heard more than a couple people say stuff along the lines of "screw Discraft, why would I throw that?" I never hear people saying the same stuff about Innova. I think I have about an equal amount of both, and a few Gateway discs thrown in, and I have some discs I like, some I don't, but no brand stands out significantly over the other. The only real differences I see are the feel of their plastics, but even then, I don't understand the anti-Discraft crowd. And incidentally, I don't hear many anti-Gateway sentiments, other than people complaining about the variations between all the different runs.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:27 pm

timbuktwhom wrote:What's up with the Discraft haters? I've heard more than a couple people say stuff along the lines of "screw Discraft, why would I throw that?" I never hear people saying the same stuff about Innova. I think I have about an equal amount of both, and a few Gateway discs thrown in, and I have some discs I like, some I don't, but no brand stands out significantly over the other. The only real differences I see are the feel of their plastics, but even then, I don't understand the anti-Discraft crowd. And incidentally, I don't hear many anti-Gateway sentiments, other than people complaining about the variations between all the different runs.

I'm not partial to any 1 company....i was merely chuckling that someone had created this dye job. This photo was just interesting to see.....whereas not a direct attack at Discraft....i will revise the subject...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby some call me...tim? » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:39 pm

hehe, yeah, I didn't think you were saying you hated discraft, I'm just wondering why there are those out there that do.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby K-Dog 19 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:46 pm

I saw that and it made me :lol: .
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby redspexxx » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:53 pm

a lot of people around my area are innova brain washed. some locals equate gateway plastic to crisco can lids...
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby mothrows » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:59 pm

All that picture shows is another innova lover playing with himself when he should be practicing. :D Arguing about which company is better helps to pass the time during these snowy winter months.
mothrows
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Flick

Postby Terrence » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:26 pm

I live in Michigan, but throw primarily Innova discs. I will, however, always take advantage of throwing any disc that someone is showing me, albiet with their permission. If I found a workhorse disc that suited me better than what I currently throw, and it just happens to be made from another company, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a few more and switch over. There are a couple guys on the league here that kinda have that "piss on Innova" additude and throw all Discraft. I'm sure there are dedicated Innova loyalists in California too.

edit: Good point, Mothrows. Screw Discraft and their shitty discs! :wink:
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Rooster » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:40 pm

i throw all discraft. that being said its not becuase i hate innova but becuase its whats working for me right now. even here in michigan there are lots of discraft haters. there are certainly more gateway haters(me being one of them) but hey, whatever you throw best is what you should throw be it innova, discaft, gateway, or lightning.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby the invisible tree » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:31 pm

Almost everyone in my area throws Innova and will talk down about the other companies. I love whipping them with my "inferior" equipment. 8)
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Return to General Discussion