In-competition smoking banned at 2011 PDGA Pro & Am Worlds

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: In-competition smoking banned at 2011 PDGA Pro & Am Worl

Postby victorb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:16 am

Apothecary wrote:
victorb wrote:
Apothecary wrote:will a mod or admin please define "drugs" for the class?

illegal drugs discussion isn't allowed. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

illegal where, smart guy?

Where you live. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

I have yet to see where you have contributed anything that is remotely interesting or constructive to this board, besides attempting to win the Troll of the Year award.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Apothecary » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 am

victorb wrote:
Apothecary wrote:
victorb wrote:
Apothecary wrote:will a mod or admin please define "drugs" for the class?

illegal drugs discussion isn't allowed. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

illegal where, smart guy?

Where you live. Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer.

I have yet to see where you have contributed anything that is remotely interesting or constructive to this board, besides attempting to win the Troll of the Year award.

i was asking you rhetorically. really just looking for mod or admin input here. :lol:

honestly, smart guy, i dont care about anything you think about anything. 8)
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby victorb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:51 am

and how is a rule, written by a board administrator (the board creator, actually) that hard to understand?

oh wait, you obviously don't understand rule #1, either.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Apothecary » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:03 am

problems with your interpretation of the rule:

1) the word 'illegal' is nowhere to be seen in the wording. 'drugs' has many different meanings to different people.

2) even if the rule was worded that way, the mods cant see anything more than our ip. its REALLY easy to fake your ip and would therefore be easy to fake your locale, changing your ip to a country where a substance someone would like to discuss is legal and would be hunky dorey as far as your interpretation of the rule goes.

lots of grey area here. if its been discussed, please link me to the thread. im new.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby victorb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:09 am

this is obviously a united states based board. you're looking into it too much. our foreign friends in Europe that post here all the time seem to know what's kosher on these boards and what isn't.

it HAS been discussed in the past, which is why the rule now exists, and taboo drug topics are prohibited. I'm fairly sure that those threads don't exist anymore, and for good reason.

if you really need more clarity on what the rule means, by all means PM an admin, or call Blake. I don't think you'll get a different answer. I'd be shocked if you did.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Apothecary » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 am

disc golf is an international topic and the internet is primarily border-less in nature. its mighty presumptuous of you to label this as an amurikn board.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby victorb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 am

Apothecary wrote:disc golf is an international topic and the internet is primarily border-less in nature. its mighty presumptuous of you to label this as an amurikn board.

it's mighty presumptuous of you to label this a non-american board as well, especially since you have little experience with the goings on over here. I'm sure DGCR would love to have an international discussion on an ambiguous topic where you can spin facts how you wish to try and prove a straw man argument to be true.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby what'shisname » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am

How the hell does any of that matter anyway? The board is here because Blake set it up and pays for hosting it. He doesn't want that shit on his board, hence the rule. It's not like this is a democracy.... pretty straight forward.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:53 am

Well this conversation sure is boring. I think I'm just gonna start deleting any more discussion on it.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby steezo » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:55 am

We had a trash day at one of the local courses on Sat. and guess what was the #1 thing we picked up all over the course. Cig butts. :x LOTS OF THEM! People who smoke impact their environment more than some realize. I have played with many people who carry a bag so they can put their butts away during the round and then throw them away after the round. These same people usually try and stay down wind of others as well BUT many people who smoke do not act so respectful. I have no problem smelling your smoke, I have two legs and will move to clean/fresh air. The discarding of the cig butts on the ground is my main gripe. We picked up many cigar butts and swisher sweet tips as well on the trash day. I can get around the smoke, although I shouldn't have to but the lack of respect for others and the envirnoment is what really stinks about SOME cig smokers (pun intended) :mrgreen:
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby A buzzz and a beer » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:11 am

sunspot wrote:Image

Problem solved. :D

At first I was not happy about the fact that some people want to ban smoking at all PDGA events. I thought, I am a smoker and I want to smoke outside. I still think it should be fine to smoke outside, but you bring up a good point and something I have thought about already.

Many people I work with smoke the electronic cigarettes. They can give you the nicotine you want as a smoker and still not be a problem to anyone else. I actually want to buy one of these just so I can have a puff or two when I want and not have to smoke an entire cigarette, like inside my house (i don't smoke inside).

As long as these were legal I guess I could deal with it, even though I would prefer to be able to smoke while playing.
A buzzz and a beer
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Apothecary » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:49 am

this stupid new rule makes me want to go spectate at a pdga event and smoke 4 cigarettes at once at all times....
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Postby Sean40474 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:42 pm

Is this just illegal for players or is it for everyone?
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Timko » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:50 pm

Caddies too. They're governed by the same rules as players.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:08 am

I can honestly say that i was fuming at the Stockholm Disc Golf Open 2010 in the middle of a heat wave filming and carrying water for me and Feldy. Oh yeah that's a hilly long course and the little thing called Voodoo Zulu bag with 43 discs in it. Luckily i'm a non smoker and still i was emitting a lot of fumes. No not from down there you silly lot ;-) Sweat fumes and a lot of it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion