Most consistant long thrower?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Most consistant long thrower?

Postby JHern » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:00 pm

Avery Jenkins was telling me about some guy he met (I think he said in Finland) who used to be an Olympics competitor in the Javelin throw. Apparently, the guy has the same kind of throwing motion as for a javelin, and just rips the hell out of the disc. Sounds like fun, but I doubt most people could perform that kind of motion without great skill, training, and innate athletic ability.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:30 am

JHern wrote:Avery Jenkins was telling me about some guy he met (I think he said in Finland) who used to be an Olympics competitor in the Javelin throw. Apparently, the guy has the same kind of throwing motion as for a javelin, and just rips the hell out of the disc. Sounds like fun, but I doubt most people could perform that kind of motion without great skill, training, and innate athletic ability.
I don't think he was ever good enough to be an Olympic level thrower, but Ville Piippo was a javelin thrower and from what I've seen on lcgm8's videos he can throw a low line drive forehand to at least 450' with barely an effort. It looks like a control shot when he does it on the videos.

EDIT: Like so.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Triflusal » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:45 am

its funny how ville seems to stumble after throwing, but if you look up javelin throws, everyone stumbles after throwing javelins
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby seabas22 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:24 pm

This is really good stuff, especially from 3min on about posture and alignment.

Ultimate Rob is a beast...200 meters! Reminds me of Katchz footwork with GG arm.

seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Previous

Return to General Discussion