National Players Challenge

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:57 pm

NPC TOUR

NPC National Championship
The TOP TWO players in each division at an NPC first chance qualifier will
be awarded a bid to represent and compete in the NPC National Championship.

All PDGA reps will have an automatic bid to use foror to give away in their state.

First chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each state to host the states first bid process. Players will have until April 1st leading up to the NPC championship to pay for a membership and pre-register for the NPC championship.

Second chance qualifiers are NPC sanctioned events that are given to each
state to host the states second opportunity to award bids into the NPC championship. This bid is given to IN-State players only. All players
are allowed to compete in this event, but only the in-state players are awarded
the bid. Four bids will be awarded at the second chance qualifiers.

Last chance qualifier: is an NPC sanctioned event that is held in Arkansas to give players a chance to make the last bid into the championship. All players are welcome to compete and any player has a chance to earn a bid.
Only the top five players in each division will receive the bid.

*Any player can travel to any state in order to compete in the first chance qualifiers. Example: You did not qualify at your state? Travel to another
state and give it a try there.

*If players have qualified already and place ahead of you, the bids slide down to the next best score. Example: You place 3rd at a first chance
qualifier and the top 2 players have already qualified, then you receive the bid.
npctour
Noob

Favorite Disc: Xcaliber

Re: National Players Challenge

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Thats right! It is finially here. It has gone through some major changes and updates to fit the disc golfing needs and wants.

Check it out at [www.npctour.com]
This is a membership based tournament series that has finially begun.

$30 Membership
Includes:
$2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
2011 Hot Stamp Disc
Membership I.D. Card
NPC Sticker
Lifetime Member Number
Quarterly e-newsletter
Access to Website & Discussion Board
Qualify to compete in Your NPC second chance qualifier
Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship
Renewal Membership:
Includes:
$2 discount at all NPC sanctioned events
Current Years Hot Stamp Disc
Updated Membership I.D. Card
NPC Sticker
Quarterly e-newsletter
Qualify to compete in your NPC second chance qualifier
Qualify to compete in the NPC Championship
npctour
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

So are you guys paired with PDGA or like competing against them?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:06 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:So are you guys paired with PDGA or like competing against them?

I have my first TD to sanction an event today!

PDGA B-Tier
Alma Greens Alma, AR
Arkansas 2nd Chance Qualifier
*Special exemption is being made for this. I am
allowing all 4 spots per division to go towards the top 4 players instead of just Arkansas only players.
This is upon TD request that I will allow if asked.

The NPC Championship will be at Russellville, AR at their two newly established championship courses. You don't want to miss out on this event.
Players who earn an invite will receive their entry fee back in their custom player packs. As I said before, this event is getting popular. TD's from South Dakota have made some interest!

Don't forget about the College Scholarship, this is fee money! $500 to get started in college!
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:08 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:So are you guys paired with PDGA or like competing against them?

We are working on making the NPC Championship a PDGA event as well.
This series has caught the attention of Disc Golf Live as well and we are in the works of having a live cast of the event too.
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Top 10 Benefits of the National Players Challenge

1 No Non member fees
2 A website that shows you how much money is added daily to the NPC Championships. www.npctour.com
3 Events offered across the country
4 Affordable memberships with renewal packages that can't be beat.
5 A lifetime member number that is linked to your name to have the correct spelling with your players stats
6 $2 Discount to all NPC events for current members
7 Discussion forum for all clubs to have their own topic. A way to update your club news, mini events, club tournaments and more. . . .
8 NPC college scholarship program set up for the players who want to jump start their college dreams
9 NPC championship held on memorial day weekend to give those players an opportunity to play disc golf and have Monday off from work.
10 A professional staff dedicated to the players needs.
npctour
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 pm

So...your kinda competing against them but wouldn't mind pairing with them a little?

And if I send you $30 to become a member I automatically qualify for the championship in Arkansas?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Not interested in competing against them. PDGA is an amazing organization with thousands of members playing for sponsorships, worlds, and many more perks. What has been created is a National event that you must qualify to get in. Becoming a member provides you with the perks and membership package. You must be a member to compete in the NPC Championship.

Each state is allowed TWO qualifiers both of them are allowed to have 4 spots offered to the top 4 scores in EACH division. The TD gets a spot for running the event as well. Once you earn your spot, you have until April 1, 2012 to register. The event will be held May 26-27, 2012 at Russellville, AR. These two courses in Russellville are amazing and championship worthy. A must see in disc golf.
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:32 pm

If you have a graduating senior of 2012..........get involved! The National Players Challenge is giving away a college scholarship to a graduating senior of 2012!

Requirements: Must be a NPC member, Must have a 3.0 GPA, and Must have two references.

This is free money for college.......want to learn more? Go to www.npctour.com or email the National Players Challenge at npctour@live.com
npctour
Noob

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:17 am

So if I don't qualify...why join?
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby ziggy » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:54 am

Arkansas state championships = npc ?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby curt » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:10 am

This seems really interesting (especially since I'm moving to Little Rock next week and this seems to be centered in Arkansas). I'm certainly interested in watching this progress, although I am admittedly confused on some of the details on the final. It would be nice to see that cleared up a little. (Mostly membership/what exactly the final is). I do have one suggestion on your top 10 list. The first one is the no non-member fees. The PDGA's $10 fee is one of the things that annoys people more than anything else. These days they're phrasing that as a $10 discount, just like this tour's $2 discount (to my understanding). Personally, I'd rephrase a little, because it sounds a lot like a non-member fee (even though it is a very low one, that won't cause anyone a second thought, imo)
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:15 am

yeah you seem to be presenting information with the concept that we understand everything about the NPC. I know nothing and your website doesn't answer much.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby npctour » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:50 pm

ziggy wrote:Arkansas state championships = npc ?

Ark State Champs was the 1st chance qualifier for the state. Alma greens June 24, 2011 PDGA B-tier is the 2nd qualifier.
Sorry if I haven't clarified enough.
Each state has two qualifiers. Top 4 spots are awarded a earned spot in each division. The championship will be May 26-27, 2012. If you receive a spot you must become a member and register by April 1st.
This series focuses on two things: NPC College scholarship and bringing players to Arkansas for a National championship. Added money, custom players packs worth your entry fee ($70 value), membership packages, and much more are in this event.
This year we didn't want to be just a points series. We wanted to have something unique.
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:58 pm

zj1002 wrote:So if I don't qualify...why join?

This is a great question. This year we are focusing on getting players qualified and playing the championship. We are trying to inform everyone that you do not want to miss this event as it will be top notch.
In my region, some players say the same thing about joining the PDGA. Given the location of primarily Southern Nationals these players ask that. If you want to play at the USDGC you must be a current PDGA member to compete. This scenario is not exactly the same but is relative.
npctour
Noob

Next

Return to General Discussion