National Players Challenge

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: National Players Challenge

Postby npctour » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:23 pm

Tournament Directors: we are calling on you to bring a Natiional Players Challenge event to your state! This does not have to be a new event, combine it to an existing event! Each state has two events to host. Give your disc golfers a chance to qualify for the NPC Championship and represent their state.
We are gearing up for something special at this championship event and look forward to having players from many states represent.

We have just added Missouri and Oklahoma to the list of states to represent. Make sure you get them in before December 31, 2011.

For more questions: send them to npctour@live.com
npctour
Noob

Favorite Disc: Xcaliber

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:36 pm

npctour wrote:
zj1002 wrote:So if I don't qualify...why join?

This is a great question. This year we are focusing on getting players qualified and playing the championship. We are trying to inform everyone that you do not want to miss this event as it will be top notch.
In my region, some players say the same thing about joining the PDGA. Given the location of primarily Southern Nationals these players ask that. If you want to play at the USDGC you must be a current PDGA member to compete. This scenario is not exactly the same but is relative.

So the only real reason is to play the championship?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby npctour » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:28 pm

The way we like to look at it. All players who participate in their events for their state are not only trying to qualify for the Championship, but are aiding in the NPC College Scholarship Fund. This is such a great opportunity for our youth and it is amazing to give them money for college.

Considering that players across the country have not seen this Championship yet and are just seeing another event, another championship. So, what is in it for players to qualify?

The current players who have qualified and played in events that I have run, know that I say what I mean and do what I say. They trust what I do and what I provide. When I say "you don't want to miss out on this event" that is what I mean. The National Players Challenge Championship will be a great event with many companies lined up to sponsor this event.

All players will receive a $70 players pack worth $70 minimum or more! We are shooting for $100. This event will be worth any players time to qualify and participate.
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:51 pm

Just a quick heads up. There have been a few questions that needed to be cleared up.
This event is a qualifier only. You must qualfiy in an NPC event in order to play in the championship. Each state has the opportunity to host two of them. The top 4 players in each division will earn their spot to play.
Once qualified: You must become a member of the NPC and register for the event by April 1st, 2012.
The championship is May 26-27, 2012 memorial day weekend.
Players do not want to miss out on this event.

Here is an example of what to look forward to:
Entry Fee into the event once qualified = $70 (You will receive this back in your custom players pack)

Current added cash to tournament.........As of May 20, 2011..... it was $500
Current added cash to tournament.........As of June 10, 2011...........$2,500

Again, I am working very hard at raising money and acquiering SPONSORS for this event. Goal: $10,000 added
Currently need: $7,500
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:12 pm

The 2nd chance qualifier for Arkansas finished this weekend adding many new qualifiers to play in the NPC Championship May 26-27, 2012. Here is an update for added cash into the tournament.

$2686.50 Added to NPC Championship

$85.00 Added to NPC College Scholarship Fund (based off of 4 events) *For every $500.00 raised, we will be giving out a new scholarship to a graduating high school senior in 2012.

We have events lining up and organizing dates for qualifiers. These will be posted soon. TD's if you are interested in hosting one for your state, email us at npctour@live.com.

You can see an updated list of player qualified here: http://www.npctour.com
npctour
Noob

Postby npctour » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:55 am

The National Players Challenge Updated Forum is now up and running.

If you have a club and not a forum page? Ask about the NPC Club Page. You can get your club involved by adding your club page and post updates, mini events, tournaments, work days, meetings and more.

Enjoy!

Want to sponsor the National Players Challenge and support the NPC College Fund? Send a PM and we will set you up. Check out the current sponsors listed on the site. www.npctour.com
npctour
Noob

Previous

Return to General Discussion