Seen on the Course

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Seen on the Course

Postby Apothecary » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:22 pm

chainsmoker wrote:I'm not making light of this but I found a dead body on one of our local courses last year. I couldn't play the course for about two months after that and when I got to that hole I felt weird because I could see it all again.

pics/news article or it didnt happen.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:31 pm

chainsmoker wrote:I'm not making light of this but I found a dead body on one of our local courses last year. I couldn't play the course for about two months after that and when I got to that hole I felt weird because I could see it all again.

We've had a body at Swope and Cliff Drive. I can't find the Swope article, but here's the Cliff Drive one.

I've also seen a burned out car at Swope, and a stolen car pushed in the woods at Cliff Drve.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby Timko » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:34 pm

Apothecary wrote:how do you know she was a prostitute?

You've not been to Swope Park obviously. While the golf course doesn't have the violence problem like the rest of the park (29th largest municipal park in the US), there's a lot of prostitution that goes down on the DG course. Of course, the guy pulling up in his car, talking to the lady, getting some head, giving her money, and driving off didn't really help the looks of the situation either.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:10 pm

apoth don't know shit about kc golf. you never know what you're going to see at any of the parks. expect wyco, nobody ever goes there except golfers and people that play tennis.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby chainsmoker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:41 am

Apothecary wrote:

pics/news article or it didnt happen.

It was a suicide so it wasn't on the news. I probably shouldn't have brought it up because it brings the thread down. On the plus side I was playing a local course about 5 years ago and I saw something in a basket but I couldn't tell what it was. As I approached I realized the basket was lined with aluminum foil and was filled with used charcoal. :lol:
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Previous

Return to General Discussion