trip to arlington texas

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

trip to arlington texas

Postby lsf21 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:47 pm

me and a buddy are going to be traveling from kentucky to arlington texas near the end of july.

Any disc golf courses worth hitting between here and there thats not to awful far out of the waY
lsf21
Tree Magnet

Re: trip to arlington texas

Postby rooneytunes » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:26 pm

When you get to Arlington, you gotta hit Veterans right in Arlington. It's got some cool elevation shots and both tight shots and long open bombers. Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill is only 30 min at most away and is a tight technical wooded course. It is 2 18 hole courses, Beaver being a little more open and longer and Coyote being short and super technical. Turner Park in Grand Prairie is only 10-15min away east on I-30 and is a tough course with good elevation and very tricky pin placements. Z Boaz in Ft. Worth is prob. 20min from Arlington and has a great reputation. I haven't played it yet, but it is supposed to be worth the trip. I'm sure you have scoped out the scene here in DFW, but these are just a few suggestions from a local :D
Wraith-Pred-FD-Eagle-XXX-Warship-Fuse-Pure
rooneytunes
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Postby lsf21 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 am

alright,

Not sure how much time we are going to have to play so we are going to try and definitely hit the better ones.
lsf21
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Having played all the courses rooneytunes listed many times, I'd vote for Lorch Park and Turner Park over Veterans. "The Vet" is well known, and a good course, but imo there are only 6-7 realy good holes and the rest are just ok. Hard to beat the 2 secluded courses in Cedar Hill, and the elevation at Turner is unique for the area (hilly AND grassy).
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby lsf21 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:36 pm

anybody else?

Open to places between Kentucky and Arlington as well.
lsf21
Tree Magnet

Return to General Discussion