I guess this guy is very good.

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: I guess this guy is very good.

Postby chainsmoker » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:35 am

The post by jackdiscgolfjohnson is very interesting but I find it very hard to believe. I posted a couple weeks ago that I was going to find ryan campbell at Harbin and I did. I caught up to his group on hole 10 and instantly lost interest in exposing his fantasy world. He liked to talk a lot about his disc golf prowess but his game did not live up to the hype. I thought he had invited me to play along with them but after my drive he said I could go ahead and play through. I stayed one hole in front of him so I could watch his game and I would say it was on par for a 16 year old beginner. I thought this thread had died so I left it alone but after that post I had to put in my 2 cents.
I'm done with this thread.
chainsmoker
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:45 am

I think anyone that reads that and has followed this post knows that jackdiscgolfjohnson is Ryan Campbell or one of his buddies. He put a lot of effort into it but you can tell pretty quickly it is him based on the writing style.

The best part is how he never needed to throw a mid range shot and shot -27. He apparently likes to throw Valkyries between 340-515 ft and has the skill to range them perfectly.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:07 am

Post of the fucking year. Bravo ryan

jackdiscgolfjohnson wrote:Hello there guy's i was just on Google the other day typed Ryan Campbell a different guy I know and hit the I'm feeling lucky button and this came about a week ago. I read someones comment saying "Someone should go play him" or something like that. So I decided to create this account and let you guy's know something you guys probably won't believe ha.

See I live in the area of his so called home course Harbin Park. So as I learned more about him on the web I found his Ohio disc golf projects page. Thought it was pretty Damn funny. Anyhow once I looked at his horrible mispainted Innova Logo I realized he was a joke and after reading this I Laughed my arse off. Back to the Harbin Thing I played there today and as I was walking to the tee of hole 1 off to the right was surely enough Ryan Campbell and he was with some guys hanging out. So he very generously came and greeted me. I was still a bit shocked someone like him would be so polite to me after everyone made him out to be a A**. So after talking to him I was thinking about busting him in front of his friends but decided to see if he would tell me anything different. After about 5 minutes of Explaining to me what PDGF was (Never heard of it) I decided to question him about this Forum and as I did he said "Yes I have seen them and I am aware that I have earned a bad name for lying about some things like David Wiggins Jr. and The PDGA Stuff I said."

This Shocked me because he fessed up right when I said it which means he probably learned his lesson about it and is tired of writing BS.

So Next I questioned him about PDGF and he said that it was private in some ways. I still thought he was lying so I asked his friends about PDGF and surely enough (I couldn't believe this) they were PDGF Player's too.

After hearing that I started to believe that maybe he didn't lie about everything. He then asked if I was willing to play with them so they could have a exhibition type doubles match or something. So I decided since there were a few more things I needed to confirm I decided to play a round of 18 Holes with them. It was me and Ryan and 2 other PDGF guys.
We tee off and The 1st Hole is 340 feet Par 4 Ryan pulls out what he called ol-reliable a Star Valkyrie and lands it under the Basket a few feet away so I then realized he may not be a complete fool or anything some people were making him out to be. However I couldn't trust him just yet.

Now I Can throw on average around 300 feet and max out at around 340 feet. After the 1st 3 Holes me and him were winning. (Surprisingly) The Next hole is a wide open uphill-downhill hole #4 Par 5 725 feet and I knew now that I was gonna find out if he was lying or not about the Distances he Stated he could reach.

We go to tee and I really couldn't believe this he threw somewhere around 515 feet on his Drive and was about 200 feet back from the basket. I about crapped myself because he had a chance to prove he could hit the drive and he did he ended up with a 3 on the hole. So now I totally believed he wasn't completely a lying little 15 year old a**.

The Guy never took a Mid-Range shot other than the 1 time on hole 4. This guy was consistent and He finished with a -27 which is in my opinion a ridiculous score at this course we won against the other 2 guys by like 10 strokes and I myself only put up a -12. His putting needs a little work though. He was putting about 16-18 holes within 10-20 feet. However anything outside of about 45 feet didn't come close. I could see why he never needs to putt cause the guy had a massive drive. So after playing the round we exchanged numbers and I look forward to playing with him again.

In conclusion I realized that pretty much the guy was not exactly what some said he was, but instead he was a very friendly and outgoing young adult. He said right before I left he was playing a tournament later this evening at like 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM and I wished him the best of luck. In the end I Made a cool new friend who was a pretty good disc golfer and I am looking forward to playing another round with him.

1 more thing I am working about every hour of my life and won't have to much time to check this but I will try to get back on as much as I can. I work from 4:00 AM - 5:30 PM everyday of the week unless I am instructed otherwise.
Just wanted to let you guys know this. Have a nice day/Morning.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am

Lulz 4am-5:30pm every day. Doesnt get on much but decided to spend time googling ryan and posting a story
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby colombo117 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:36 am

JackDiscgolfJohnson, if you can find the time with your busy schedule you should meet up with him again and get some video of his drives. I am still learning and could hopefully learn from Ryan's throws. It sounds like you met a future Pro.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:20 am

ahahahaha, this thread rules.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby what'shisname » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:46 am

YES! Thanks for more laughs, kid.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby AciDBatH666 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:03 am

This is pure awesome. I approve all means to put this lying bastard in his place.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Dig It » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:05 am

That post by JackIswearImNotRyanCampbellJohnson is gold. Best thread of the year thus far.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby dstearns5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:25 am

Just when I thought this thread was one of the best I had read in awhile, Jack pops in and make it absolutely the best I have ever read. I didn't think it could get any better. I think this kid has a future as either a polititian or a really, really, really, awful con-man.
dstearns5
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE TL

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:36 am

I too throw a star valk on a 340' hole but can also throw over 500' uphill.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby dstearns5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

I only throw midranges when I need to go between 75' and 77'
dstearns5
Tree Magnet

Postby dstearns5 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

He shot a -27, but his putting really needs work.
dstearns5
Tree Magnet

Postby Booter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:44 am

Well duh,thats cuz he was parking everything with his ol-reliable valk
always looking for:
Booter
Das Boot!

Postby Dig It » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 am

dstearns5 wrote:He shot a -27, but his putting really needs work.

On an 18 hole course too. Who needs to putt when you Ace half the holes?
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion