Course SSAs removed from PDGA website

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Course SSAs removed from PDGA website

Postby JHern » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:31 pm

Chuck Kennedy wrote:Heaven forbid that SOME things in this sport actually have a reaonable fee attached...

Yeah, its called an annual membership fee. PDGA already gets their take. In return, they provide rules, tournament listings, player ratings and course statistics, and...well, that's about it. Apart from that, they're an empty shell. PDGA already does a poor job of communicating, has a lousy web server (or ISP), has taken governance power away from the membership, and doesn't participate in any of the activities that are truly at the heart of our sport (e.g., aiding those who build and maintain courses). In other words, if PDGA is going to stop providing even a dribble of information, it is setting out on a path to irrelevance.

Chuck, you do almost half of the useful work of the PDGA all by yourself. We know its useful. Data miners know its useful. You essentially donate your contribution to the PDGA, and you haven't been properly compensated for that. Therein lies the true essence of the problem. I'd love to see you blow up at the PDGA board the way you just did in this thread!
Last edited by JHern on Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby veganray » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:34 pm

JHern wrote:setting out on a path to irrelevance

Setting out?!?! Dude, it's mere paces from the finish line.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby JHern » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:46 pm

veganray wrote:
JHern wrote:setting out on a path to irrelevance

Setting out?!?! Dude, it's mere paces from the finish line.

It isn't completely irrelevant until another association is established and tournaments begin registering with them instead of PDGA. There are some already in the works, but they're still far from being realized.

We also know that if the sport ever does explode, the big money will stomp in and take over. They'll either sweep PDGA aside, or they will appropriate it for their needs.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby veganray » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:51 pm

JHern wrote:It isn't completely irrelevant until another association is established and tournaments begin registering with them instead of PDGA. There are some already in the works, but they're still far from being realized.

We also know that if the sport ever does explode, the big money will stomp in and take over. They'll either sweep PDGA aside, or they will appropriate it for their needs.

Mere paces…
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:18 pm

veganray wrote:PDGA: Making it more & more difficult to get what you pay for since 1982.

This made me laugh out loud for realz.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Previous

Return to General Discussion