Best Small brand/less known brand of disc

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Best Small brand/less known brand of disc

Postby ediscguy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:51 pm

I live in Maine. The only thing around here is privately owned courses that sell Innova. What are some good alternatives? I can find a ton with a quick internet search but I am looking for personal experience.
New Disc golf Supplier! http://stores.ebay.com/DailyDiscGolf Just another Ebay store...
ediscguy
Noob

Favorite Disc: katana

Re: Best Small brand/less known brand of disc

Postby beatroc » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:39 pm

MVP
Rattler - Ion
Roc
Cyclone
TD - PD - Firechicken

http://frolfware.com
beatroc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby ediscguy » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:57 pm

I have a friend that is using lat 64 and really likes them, all we have for sale up here is innova. I have seen MVP online, ill check them out.
New Disc golf Supplier! http://stores.ebay.com/DailyDiscGolf Just another Ebay store...
ediscguy
Noob

Postby jsun3thousand » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:39 pm

if you don't know anything about the disc golf market, why do you sell disc golf products in an ebay store?
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm

Not quest
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby ediscguy » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:55 pm

I sell what I have used and I am always looking for new items; I don't like to sell anything I have not had personal experience with. If I like an item/brand I will promote it and I have only tried a fraction of what is on the market. My local disc golf "market" is small, I know this and thus I want want to broaden my exposure. I was merely trying to elicit conversation, and get some ideas for personal use and otherwise. Thanks for the comments.
ediscguy
Noob

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:52 pm

what's your review of the wheel?
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby colombo117 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:19 pm

ABC discs is pretty small, never thrown them though. I think Jesus throws them.
Ion Challenger Roc EL/EX QJLS Valkyrie Predator
colombo117
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby ediscguy » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:55 am

For me, the wheel is more than anything a conversation starter on the course. There isnt a ton of uses for it, but it's good to have there for you when you need to be creative. It makes a decent putter, you can sorta backspin the disc and stop it short. I think of it as a get out of jail free card; it will be your best friend when your drive sent you into the woods off course, really any throw that doesn't allow your normal approach and the wheel is nice to have. My home course is fairly open, so I could get it to roll effectively with a good overhand throw. It rolls not as straight as I would have thought, think of it as an overstable flight path but on the ground.

One note: not such a good putter when there is anything for the disc to bounce off of and "wheel" away, a level grassy green is best. Ohhhh, I learned that the hard way, it was almost comical how far from my initial putt it rolled.
ediscguy
Noob

Postby KJDog19 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:48 pm

beatroc wrote:MVP

This
Ions|Tangent|Tensor|Amp|Volts|Shock

Proud thrower of MVP discs.
KJDog19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Deebo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:25 am

Where is Maine are you located edsic? Woodland Valley in Limerick carries discs from Discraft, Lat64, MVP, Arobie... They have a large clubhouse full of plastic. Sabattus Disc Golf also has a healthy disc selection as well.
Deebo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby ediscguy » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:32 am

Deebo wrote:Where is Maine are you located edsic? Woodland Valley in Limerick carries discs from Discraft, Lat64, MVP, Arobie... They have a large clubhouse full of plastic. Sabattus Disc Golf also has a healthy disc selection as well.

I haven't been to limerick in a few years and I do remember a really good selection, but nothing other than innova and discraft. I wonder if they have expanded or if I was blind to anything else at the time. To answer your question, I live closer to Portland primarily disc in Scarborough, Gorham early before it gets too overgrown. Scarborough has nwe owners this year and they are doing wonders with the course, including offering more in the way of disc which is nice because I don't have too many opportunities to get to Limerick. I think sense I started this thread they started selling Lat64, all season the course has been getting better. Are you from here?
ediscguy
Noob

Postby Deebo » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:18 am

ediscguy wrote:
Deebo wrote:Where is Maine are you located edsic? Woodland Valley in Limerick carries discs from Discraft, Lat64, MVP, Arobie... They have a large clubhouse full of plastic. Sabattus Disc Golf also has a healthy disc selection as well.

I haven't been to limerick in a few years and I do remember a really good selection, but nothing other than innova and discraft. I wonder if they have expanded or if I was blind to anything else at the time. To answer your question, I live closer to Portland primarily disc in Scarborough, Gorham early before it gets too overgrown. Scarborough has nwe owners this year and they are doing wonders with the course, including offering more in the way of disc which is nice because I don't have too many opportunities to get to Limerick. I think sense I started this thread they started selling Lat64, all season the course has been getting better. Are you from here?

Yeah, I live North of Portland. Last year, Limerick expanded their clubhouse significantly. They have over 3000 discs on hand. Many different Lat64 in different plastics as well as many other smaller brands. Linda, the owner, is great so I try and buy what I can there and keep my money local.

I've been to PHill a few times this year, as I work in South Portland, and yes, the people running the course year have done a great job keeping the course looking good. Atleast 2 people mowing everytime I've been there.
Deebo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby ediscguy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:20 am

Awesome, Im going to have to make some time to go there...maybe even friday. I heard that there was going to be a place opening in Sanford, it would be nice to have something in the opposite direction.
ediscguy
Noob

Return to General Discussion