Waterlogged Discs?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Waterlogged Discs?

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:57 pm

To those of you who have a water hazard course and find ways to get discs out, do you ever come across discs that have different flight characteristics than its "supposed" to after being in the water for a long time? I don't get discs from Winthrop Lake myself, but I know lots of guys around that do, and occasionally they give me discs. However, as a rule of thumb, discs seem to fly funny after being lake dwellers for extended times... Does anyone else run into these issues? Are we imagining it? What might be the cause?
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Re: Waterlogged Discs?

Postby veganray » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:04 pm

I've got a Proline Leopard & a DX Gremlin in my bag that were each submerged in murky water for over a year (at Hawk Hollow #8 and Blockhouse DG & Country Club Sunnyside #16, respectively) & came out flying just like they did when they went in, after a quick scrub.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:10 pm

My experience with disc's that have been in water for extended periods of time, fly close to or slightly less stable.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Billym » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:54 am

The water at Aquatic Park Berkeley is brackish and has a lot of salt in it but I think it is the toxic mud that makes discs less stable when they come out.
So much so that we have talked about planting discs out in the lake and leaving them in the mud to "break in".
The sulfury mud makes the disc smell really bad for a while but it goes away after a few weeks outside the house.
Destroyer,Sidewinder,Firebird,Eagles,Leopard, Roc, Mako, S Wizard.

Sometimes I wonder why that Frisbee is getting bigger then it hits me.
Billym
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to General Discussion