playing discgolf with your wife and walking the line..

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: playing discgolf with your wife and walking the line..

Postby JR » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:31 am

ashley wrote:
sunspot wrote:Ya'lls wives do stuff outside the kitchen? The only "disc" my wife throws is a plate with food on it when see tells me "here's dinner, hun". Men are meant for disc golf, women for the kitchen.

Naws, for realz. My wife is too busy with other things to come out and play. Once my children get a little bit older I'll make disc golf a family affair.

Ha, this exactly something my little brother would say. I don't have a wife, so I have nothing else to add to this.

I've heard all sorts of nice stuff of disc golfing men helping out in parenting and giving her some personal time off by taking the baby out on a stroll. At a disc golf course :-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby KelReeves » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:20 am

Banjar, I'm with you. I've been trying to get my wife interested in the sport with limited success. She will play every so often but she will get frustrated when she sucks but I absolutely in NO WAY am allowed to give advice. I to can see the potential advantages to getting my wife involved with disc golf. One recent success that I have had is, since we have a baby, I can take the baby in the stroller for a round and sometimes the wife will come. She usually focusses on the baby, more than her throws but she seems to have fun. My baby daughter loves to get out and observe all the commotion of the great outdoors.
KelReeves
Noob

Postby JohnnyCrunch » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:00 pm

DG time is my time away from the family. My wife can go find another hobby.
JohnnyCrunch
Noob

Postby JHern » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:07 pm

JohnnyCrunch wrote:DG time is my time away from the family. My wife can go find another hobby.

Sounds like you need it! More power to you, Crunch.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Leopard » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:58 am

well i found the balance i can handle...
yesterday my wife and i went and got lost in the nature preserve down the street... i had a lid and i would thread the trail like a fairway. we played a little catch, and she had a lol at my MTA/TRC efforts. this, i can live with -- that's a classy appreciation of disc.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Trey133 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:53 am

While shes not a wifey, my girlfriend and I get about 1 to 2 rounds per week(end) together.

She enjoys it a lot and has gotten pretty decent! I've played some of my best rounds with her because I completely relax and we both laugh at each others bad shots from time to time.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby mattw » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:42 pm

My wife loves disc golf. She loves the fact that it gets me out of the house so she can do her own stuff. I have offered to teach her but its just not going to happen. I am ok with it my son is now at an age that I can take him with me. I look forward to him learning how to play and beating the old man.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Previous

Return to General Discussion