Online Stores

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Online Stores

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 am

How many online stores share the same inventory? From what I can tell it seems Disc Nation, Prime Discs, and Everything Discgolf all 3 share the same inventory. Are there more? Is there any reason why they have more than one front end to the same backend with different pricing/shipping variations? I was thinking someone on here was somewhat involved with DN and Prime at least, I'm guessing EDG as well. Just found it humorous..
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Re: Online Stores

Postby zj1002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:56 am

damn you found us out...(most seem to already know this)

wish I could say more but I work there.
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby keltik » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:08 pm

do the prices differ?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 pm

They seem to be differences in the price:shipping ratio from what I've seen. Not a dramatic difference.

And I knew about the first two, but I just stumbed upon the Everyday Disc Golf site today. Made me wonder how many more of these were out there. So you can't say why there are 3 (or more) front ends to the same warehouse zj?
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby swel304 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:24 pm

the real question is who is buying enough dx arch angels to always make them the #1 seller on these sites. I cant remember the last time I saw someone throwing one.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby zj1002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:38 pm

quick I need a mod to cover up this thread! haha

We sell discs. it is a business, not some stoner headshop. think about it. plenty of other shopping websites link the same inventory on multiple websites
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:58 pm

zj1002 wrote:quick I need a mod to cover up this thread! haha

We sell discs. it is a business, not some stoner headshop. think about it. plenty of other shopping websites link the same inventory on multiple websites

I was unaware... I was a business minor in college and just wasn't sure what the reasoning for this sort of thing is. I wasn't calling foul play or anything, just currious. No worries :)
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:59 pm

swel304 wrote:the real question is who is buying enough dx arch angels to always make them the #1 seller on these sites. I cant remember the last time I saw someone throwing one.

I am curious here as well. Also wondering if I should give them a shot again, threw two back when I first started but never a weight that I tend to prefer. One was max weight and one was 150...
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Crosseyed0811 wrote:I was unaware... I was a business minor in college and just wasn't sure what the reasoning for this sort of thing is. I wasn't calling foul play or anything, just currious. No worries :)

Think about it, Bizschool McFlunkerton! Ricky doesn't mind paying for shipping, but insists on the absolute rock-bottom price per disc. Jimmy thinks shipping charges are a freakin' ripoff and refuses to give his patronage to a retailer who charges them, even if it means paying another 50 cents or a dollar per disc. Billy's greatest motivation for online disc purchases is a "rewards" program, where he earns points toward free or discounted schwag with each purchase, even if disc prices are greater than rock-bottom & shipping is not free.

Ricky, Jimmy, & Billy couldn't all be satisfied by one online retailer, so why not make three virtual online retailers, all of whom are actually the same corporation, but each wearing a different "mask"? That way, the single corporation can separate Ricky, Jimmy, and Billy from their $$ as opposed to picking which of the three to mine for cash, leaving the other two to be fleeced by other corporations.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Bizschool McFlunkerton? Geeze thanks...

Makes sense, just had never seen it implemented that way. I was not taking into account the exact differences between the 3 websites and analyzing them. But thanks for doing the work for me ;)

Note: I was a Computer Science major and switched to a buisness minor because I realized the math minor was a bad idea after my first test in calculus 3 :)
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Nor was I; I wouldn't know any of them from a punch in the tween. But I'll bet that if one were to analyze them, one would immediately appreciate differences extremely similar to the ones I outline above.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:18 pm

The DX archangel is the disc I find the most on courses followed closely by the DX beast so whoever is ordering all those archangels is constantly losing them.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Triflusal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:20 pm

I have found like 5 4/10 DX beasts within the last 3 months. its gotta be all of those tomahawks that beat them up so quickly
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

Postby zj1002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:21 pm

I think I can safely say the DX Archangel is our #1 selling disc. It is crazy popular
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 pm

quote from a noob about the archangel "it's the only disc i can get to turn right".
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Next

Return to General Discussion