Online Stores

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Online Stores

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:24 pm

I found two Epics in one round at Loriella Park a few weeks ago. It made me wonder whether they were truly lost or their owner(s) finally became just too fed up with the infernal things, said, "Fuck this shit," and just plain old abandoned them.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby zj1002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I have a random archangel comment since we are talking about it. The M-Astra reminds me of a longer DX AA
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:27 pm

And since this is a found disc thread now...I found a 6/10 10x Roc no ink 2 days ago at Circle C...
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby swel304 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:50 pm

veganray wrote:I found two Epics in one round at Loriella Park a few weeks ago. It made me wonder whether they were truly lost or their owner(s) finally became just too fed up with the infernal things, said, "Fuck this shit," and just plain old abandoned them.

every epic I have ever found (quite a few) got the same response when returned. "god I wish someone would keep this thing" lol

I dont think I have seen an arch angel on the course in at least 5 years, and I can't think of ever knowing anyone that carried one. Somewhere, someone is building a fort out of dx arch angels.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:04 pm

swel304 wrote:
veganray wrote:I found two Epics in one round at Loriella Park a few weeks ago. It made me wonder whether they were truly lost or their owner(s) finally became just too fed up with the infernal things, said, "Fuck this shit," and just plain old abandoned them.

every epic I have ever found (quite a few) got the same response when returned. "god I wish someone would keep this thing" lol

I dont think I have seen an arch angel on the course in at least 5 years, and I can't think of ever knowing anyone that carried one. Somewhere, someone is building a fort out of dx arch angels.

* I must move the fort... someone is on to me... *

Ohai guys! nothing to see here!
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby Monocacy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:quote from a noob about the archangel "it's the only disc i can get to turn right".

Um, yeah, subtract a decade or so and substitute 150 Sidewinder for Archangel and I might have resembled that remark. :oops:

A friend of mine plays much ultimate, and can (sometimes) make an Archangel do amazing things.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

It's ok Mono, the first disc I could get to turn right consistently was a beat ass DX raven.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Stingray 4 me. I'd still be carrying a 150g Champ Sidewinder if I hadn't discovered the Monarch.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby keltik » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:54 pm

how does everyone find so many discs? I think I have only found 3 discs in 4.5 years of playing. maybe 4 if you count the disc I could see at the bottom of a pond that was hiding my favorite buzzz. c'est la vie.

I'm thinking that the DX AAs have all been bought by dudes trying to get a girl to play. or by someone's parents/grandparents as a christmas present or something and it's the first disc listed or they see the #1 seller and just click on it. it's a vicious cycle.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:00 pm

I find a lot of discs at buckhorn. Usually like a foot into the sawgrass.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Leopard » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:22 pm

i built all those sites; glad you've enjoyed my day-jobbin' :)

VR nailed it. internet marketing is too complex to target disparate audiences with one site.

for what it's worth to the bargain shopper, there's a perpetually-updated 15%-Off coupon available through the DN facebook page (click the Coupon tab) ... this should offset shipping or bargain-pricing for most people. AAAAAAAAAAAAND i'm off the clock.

also ...... i don't find discs. maybe because i play golf in the fairway :idea: :?:
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Previous

Return to General Discussion