Interesting press release

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Interesting press release

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:39 pm

I currently throw mostly Discraft, and only 5-7 molds total. The molds I throw, Force, Avenger, Buzzz, and Challenger, are pretty consistent. It has been a long time since I threw any other companies products on the scale of my golf rig, but these 4 are pretty damn linear. I have noticed that Surges in particular are wildly inconsistent, even within runs, but I would say that 90% of max weight Z Forces fit in the same slot. Lower weights seem to produce a slightly wider spread IMO. ESP Avengers too, are fairly dependable. Not to split hairs, and I am sure that there are examples from other producers, but many Discraft molds are consistent.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Re: Interesting press release

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:29 pm

I don't find it interesting news that Ultimate, DG, and Lacrosse are growing sports and therefore more plastic is needed to meet increased demand. I'm hoping Alliances's increase isn't due to Discraft finally realizing that they can get a better ROI buying their raw material JIT considering Alliance's claim of 2 to 3 day turnaround. I've got my fingers crossed that the specialized TPU requests originated from Discraft. I would think that better suited plastic should outperform whatever cheapo vendor's rail car load regrid Discraft may have purchased whenever they needed to reorder resin.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Previous

Return to General Discussion