discmania

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

discmania

Postby chunk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:22 pm

this may have been discussed before, but i can't find it using the search function. does anyone know why innova created the discmania brand instead of just making them innova discs? thx.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Re: discmania

Postby kern9787 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:45 pm

I could be wrong, but I believe the situation is Discmania is its own, separate company that works with Innova to do their molding. I'm not 100% sure how involved Innova is in their design either.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby MDP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:00 pm

Innova does not own Discmania. Innova produces the discs, but they're designed by Jussi Meresmaa (the CEO) and his team.

http://www.discmania.net/company/
PD2 | DD | PD | TD | MD2 | P2 | P1
MDP
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:51 pm

I think the situation is more complex than that. in the Finnish business registry Jussi is listed as the boss of Discmania, which has a secondary name of Innova Europe. I'm not sure, if that is used for course building or what. In any case i think Dave Dunipace does a lot of the disc developing work according to the wishes of Jussi and it often takes several attempts to produce a disc, that satisfies Jussi. Was it the TD, that was the only mold, that went straight into production without changes?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion