pDGA LOLz

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: pDGA LOLz

Postby biscgolf » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:17 pm

their reply as always was... show me the money!!!

no cheap membership options for those who don't play all the damn time has driven me out after 17 years of membership.
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby cefire » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

biscgolf wrote:i bet the curling organization has way better member retention than the pDGA.

Haha, previous member of both orgs - no longer a member of either. But will probably renew my curling membership when I move back to a city with a rink :D
cefire
Noob

Postby ziggy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:09 am

JHern wrote:Yet, people are not always discussing the underlying motivations and characters involved, behind the scenes. I think "Chains, the movie" provides a glimpse of that, although it may not connect with everybody. But in any case, that's hard to convey on an internet forum, for damn sure. Folks here at DGR often discuss Avery's throwing, but they don't discuss his personal drive and commitment to the sport, which are more important. The more you tell me that it is an empty dream, the more I envision casting folks like Avery as fatalistic heroes fighting a worthy, but ultimately losing, battle. But I really don't agree that things are that bad, I just think many of us are impatient for growth of the kind that won't be attained for some years. Or maybe it's just me, perhaps I'd rather go down swinging, for a good fight, and a worthy cause, instead of yielding. I don't know. But these folks certainly inspire that kind of response, and I'm still sympathetic to the cause, for better, or worse.

10y member here.
I finally got the pdga to subtitle 2010pro worlds.
2011 am worlds , no luck.
Hoping 2011 pro worlds will be subtitled.

Your comment on Chains+Avery resonated w/ me. I am fighting a losing battle trying to gain access to what is being said on all of these videos =[ too bad I'll never know what's going on videowise but thank god for DGR =] plenty bathroom reading material =]
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JHern » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:52 pm

ziggy wrote:...I am fighting a losing battle trying to gain access to what is being said on all of these videos...

Indeed. I'll start lobbying for this, too. Top professional quality stuff should anyways be subtitled.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Am i right with the impression that most Americans aren't used to and don't want to see subtitles? At least if it can be avoided. If so a DVD or BluRay Disc should be made to have an optional subtitle.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:11 pm

JR wrote:Am i right with the impression that most Americans aren't used to and don't want to see subtitles? At least if it can be avoided. If so a DVD or BluRay Disc should be made to have an optional subtitle.
We're one of the few countries that regularly subtitles everything. In most countries everything is dubbed. I still shudder at the thought of German South Park. That and German Top Gear. Greek Wonder Woman on the other hand was great fun.

Back in the good old days even all the kids' shows were subtitled. How are the kids today going to learn their third language if they never hear it? Also did wonders to reading ability.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby biscgolf » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:28 am

jubuttib wrote:Greek Wonder Woman on the other hand was great fun.

QFT you lucky boy...
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby ChrisWoj » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 pm

biscgolf wrote:
jubuttib wrote:Greek Wonder Woman on the other hand was great fun.

QFT you lucky boy...

The latest Wonder Woman incarnation was supposed to star a classmate of mine from multiple HS classes (Annie Palicki). Unfortunately both her acting and apparently the show itself were quite terrible - and ABC (I believe) nixed it before an episode aired.
ChrisWoj
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ProD Challenger

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 am

Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby ChrisWoj » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 am

jubuttib wrote:http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3336681472/nm1597316 ?

Ayep. That girl has had quite a LOT of plastic improvement since high school. She was just a drama nerd (nothing wrong with that, put her a step ahead of me as a normal everyday nerd at the time) and nothing special. Just noticed she is apparently playing a big role as Lady Jaye in the new GI Joe.
ChrisWoj
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ProD Challenger

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:36 am

She was a terrible pick for Wonder Woman...

Is this thread getting off-topic, or is it just me (taking it there)?
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Previous

Return to General Discussion