New PDGA Technology Director

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New PDGA Technology Director

Postby JHern » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:33 pm

martinb wrote:
JHern wrote:http://www.pdga.com/technology-director

I worked with Steve Ganz last year, on the 2011 Pro Worlds website. Hiring Steve is the best decision PDGA ever made, I think we can all look forward to dramatic improvements at PDGA.com in the coming years.

...your right about him being a great choice for the position. he did a lions share of the work for tournaments in norcal these past 10 years didnt he john?

Steve is well-known in NorCal, he was doing live scoring long before anyone else, has many ideas regarding how to exploit technology (web, handheld devices, etc.), and has the skills to actually implement them. He has a long history of being the tech guru of NorCal disc golf, and has volunteered immense amounts of time to the efforts, all very successfully. When he moved away to Virginia, all kinds of people were lamenting his absence. There is no way PDGA can afford Steve, he must be taking a big pay cut to take on this project.

martinb wrote:if the pdga lets him make changes.....

Would be a terrible waste of everyone's time if they don't give Steve completely free reign. He will have to fight some battles immediately, such as dealing with this company PDGA hired to do the new website, but never delivered. With Steve, they don't even need to hire an outside company...I hope they get rid of that company, and let Steve go at it, full-tilt.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: New PDGA Technology Director

Postby Star Shark » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Just thought this should be here also.

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Previous

Return to General Discussion