Throwing uphill...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Throwing uphill...

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:40 am

Roc Lover wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:
Jeronimo wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:go play blue valley in kansas city. it will teach you a thing or two.

*runs off to dgcr to look dat shit up*

it's one of the longest permanent courses in the country ranging between 9297 ft. – 11049 ft. it's up and down monster hills all day long. you're looking at a 3+ hour long round and you won't see another group the entire time. blue valley is more about the experience than anything. the tee pads are awesome because they are massive and shaped like the hole. you play blue valley for fun once a year and for tournaments. if you have the 09 world's dvd the final 9 features holes 1,2, and 3 from blue valley then the over the pond hole is a temp, then it's the baby course until the 9th hole. play it when the weather is nice because it's not fun in the heat or the wind.

ITs a very long course, fun to play every now and then, on a daily basis, not so much

Sounds kinda like Maple Hill.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:27 am

I had my highest rated round of the 09 Worlds at Blue Valley. I liked it much more than Water Works. I've only played a couple rounds at WW but I found the holes to be out of my reach. One round I had 17 threes and 1 four... Beautiful course, but boring scores...
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:I had my highest rated round of the 09 Worlds at Blue Valley. I liked it much more than Water Works. I've only played a couple rounds at WW but I found the holes to be out of my reach. One round I had 17 threes and 1 four... Beautiful course, but boring scores...

But how hard did you have to work for those 3's?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby jsun3thousand » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:41 pm

water works is great a par 54 course. during worlds it was almost tipped out if i remember correctly. i know 8 was short. in the short position it's one of the easier deuces on the course. i don't know why it was short when the long position is much better. it doesn't take a cannon to get below par at waterworks. 4, 9, 15, and 16 are all under 300 ft and you don't have to throw a miracle shot to get into putting range. 7 and 11 are under 300ft but uphill. 7 is uphill with a low canopy and if you hit a tree early you're in trouble. 11 is reachable for a two. 14 is in the 450 range but is wide open for water works and down hill, it's duecable. 17 in the long position is a hard two because the pin is downhill and next to o.b. if you have an arm 1, 2 can be dueced. there's a story on the kc message broad about somebody acing 1 in the long position with a roc during a rain delay in a tournament. 3, 5, 6, 10 and 12 in the long positions are all parable. 10 and 12 can be dueced. 18 long can be dueced if you get your drive up the hill. nikko was in the circle and missed his putt. he then putted from the same spot for 15+ minutes after the round was over. there is a fair amount of o.b to deal with and you can catch a bad roll at water works. in the 09 setup hot rounds for pros were in the 45-48 range.

if you played advance what did you shoot at wyco? if you played pro what did you shoot at cliff drive?
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Previous

Return to General Discussion