Lost my main putter, lost and depressed... help

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Lost my main putter, lost and depressed... help

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:25 pm

I totally spaced and forgot the extra shot I took with my putter Monday. I drove back to the course that night but someone found my go to 167 soft opaque Ion I've been putting with for about a year and haven't called. I stuck with the Ion for so long because when I first started playing about two years ago I tried several putters and finally decided I needed to stick with one and it happened that Ion was the disc at the time.

The thing is that my putter is OOP and very hard to find, especially in my light weight and the time required to beat in. I was just starting to get the hang of it and have had some of my best putting rounds in the last month including personal bests on my home courses then BOOM, brain fart, and lack of confidence in my backup.

Should I stick with Ions, give something else a try, continue to sport bitch to my wife who doesn't understand and asks what I'm going to be like when the old dog dies. Forgive me honey but I don't spend hours everyday playing with the dog... don't tell her I said that.

I played leagues last night with Cameron Colglazier. The young man plays a lot of golf but to finish T11 at Worlds after playing only two years says maybe I need to consider push putting... again I'm lost..

Suggestions, thoughts, or perhaps a kick in the ass?
Last edited by 7ontheline on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Lost my main putter, lost and depressed... help

Postby AcesAZ » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Try the Anode, the sexier sister to the Ion. Treat her right and she'll treat you right. And for the love of God, dont ever leave her alone for someone else to have their way with.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby JTdisc » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:29 pm

If you like ions stick with it, or try something else, but pick up 2 or three of whatever you decide to go with and take your non-confidence backups out of the bag. This way you should be comfortable with every putter you're carrying. Buy your new putters a drink and take them out for a putter only round or two to get better acquainted.
JTdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: Escape

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:57 pm

I actually have four 167 opaque Ions left. I picked up my dyed black "backup" in a trade and after playing it Tuesday and leauges Wednesday I've come to the conclusion that its slightly more broken in than the one I lost. Slightly more broken in means that I can get 300' on a flip up and it flies straight without fade until the last few feet. I kindda like that and the fact that I hate missing putts to the left so I was hoping the lesser LSS will mean fewer misses left.

What if I get used to it and it goes by by? I was taking extra shots on every hole Tuesday with my more stable newer stormtrooper white/black Ion in the hopes that one day next spring it will be in the same place stability wise as the one I lost. I'm more mad at myself right now, thousands of practice throws with hundreds of different discs and I've only ever lost a handful of discs during play that I didn't get back with none lost due to forgetting I threw an extra shot on the course... until now.

Anyone been there, done that, and in hide sight wish they'd done something else... three days later and folks that don't disc have asked me if everything is okay:? I smile and lie "yes".
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:56 pm

Okay, my ultimate frisbee summer league team got put before the semis tonight. We had a great game playing the bottom of the barrell purple team. The game lasted 2-1/4 hours with the last 45 minutes in complete darkness and all the other team's players on the sideline shining their iPhones and heckling our countless turnovers until we finally lost 15-14. Afterward, a group of us went to the Bayou bar and grill and bullshitted about woulda, coulda, shoulda, and next year's time cap (they came from behind 10-13).

I'm over it. I'm going to beat in the newer Ion, learn the backup Ion, and next time punt the disc and played D when its too dark to see. Oh, and I'm changing my favorite disc to Ion as I can't think of losing another disc in my bag that I would cry about for this long. Please feel free to delete this pussy thread.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Eclipse Ion and a 200+ lumen flashlight. I have a 200 and to get the best results from Eclipse i'd say rather 300+ lumens. A LED backup would help too. No need to allow the sun going down to stop the playing. Just as you might switch the bag a little to handle rain or storm you can do so with the lights going away. Not throwing drives with your main putter helps too. The Eclipse Ion can bear the brunt of the danger of being lost if it is the only driving Ion.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:13 am

I'm a cry baby dumbass JR. I forgot my favorite disc, didnt lose it in the failing light. Should say some bozo picked it up and didn't return it... jug butts all.

Although I'm not impressed with the glow rim, these yellow ones are very lumiesent when you hit them with a UV light at distance.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Return to General Discussion