Time: 9:30 PM EDT
Where:Disc Golf talk radio Live

If you have any questions for Steve please post them here
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Re: Interview with Vibram's Steven Dodge

Postby JR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:46 am

What are your views of selling disc golf videos as Bluray discs? What does video of events mean for disc golf and the future of the sport?

What do you suggest other TDs could do to attract more volunteers to run the event and entertain the players, staff and spectators with other events? How can you get people to arrange other fun stuff to go along with the disc golfing? Is it just a matter of getting enough people for staff?

It is cold and wet here and i just compared a Trak and an Ascent to plastic discs and the grippiest of them are tackier than Vibram discs. And soft blend ain't really tackier so is there a chance for a tackier surface feel in future blends? I have washed and scrubbed the discs for the best grip. Sole was noticeably tackier yet surprisingly outdone by two plastic discs by a fraction. This is real life situation after one year of use, skin grease and dirt etc. on the discs AKA the normal condition. But it seems that this does not change with washing the grime away. It seems that the rubber has dried to be a little slicker than new.

What can be done to extend the life of Vibram discs besides not leaving them exposed to UV light? Are there plans to release some sort of life adding compound to keep the surface as tacky as normal? Or would any kind of rubber vitalizing chemical work? Are there some such products that you can recommend and are some products harmful to the discs?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:38 am

Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby JR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Thanks Ray i'm aware that there are several products but i'd like to hear from the mouth of the horse what to use because Vibram discs aren't all rubber even though that is the main component. Chemistry can be tricky and one product can be beneficial and another can make a hole in the disc.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion