The Newest Greatest thing you just figured out

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Newest Greatest thing you just figured out

Postby coppertop » Fri May 23, 2014 7:51 pm

I couldn't count how many shots I've missed because of this, but it is finally sinking in. It is not enough to merely visualize the flight path. You must see the reality of the flight path. Dozens of shots where everything looked so perfect until, POW! "Where did that branch come from?"

A cheaper lesson, figured out in the practice field: There are occasions when throwing nose-up is good. The 20 mph plus tailwind was smacking down everything I threw until I hucked a Z Buzz that would have been a worm-burner if it hadn't left my hand nose-up. It got down to about three inches off the ground, and just rode a cushion of air like an air hockey puck. Of course, it only works if the grass is very short and the ground is moderately level, but that goes back to seeing the reality of the flight path.
coppertop
Noob

Postby archimedesjs » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:58 pm

That people always have, do, and will continue to lie about their actual distance...and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, but laugh to myself, and pity them. Getting annoyed solves nothing, feeling empathy for people who need to lie to feel special makes me feel better about my self.
archimedesjs
Noob

Favorite Disc: Hydra

Postby Stringbean » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Figured out a few weeks ago that keeping my elbow close to my body on sidearm throws is the cause of my shoulder and elbow pain. I finally have a smooth, pain-free sidearm out to 300 feet. I am hoping to add distance/accuracy now that I can practice without hurting myself.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Previous

Return to General Discussion