People Opposed to Disc Golf...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: People Opposed to Disc Golf...

Postby Agricolae » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Some poor b*stard is probably married to that woman ... can you even imagine?
Agricolae
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pro Leopard

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:05 pm

You should see his honey do list :roll:
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby Will Aubrey » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:29 am

Disc Golf is less disruptive to the environment than any other sport you find in parks. Baseball, they have to clear trees to put a field in. The same goes for soccer. Ball golf, it requires many more trees to be cut than disc golf does. To oppose disc golf on environmental grounds is just silly.
Will Aubrey
Tree Magnet

Postby chunk » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:31 am

you guys don't get it. it's not that disc golf courses have less impact than soccer fields. people like this are opposed to EVERYTHING.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Varsi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:07 am

chunk wrote:you guys don't get it. it's not that disc golf courses have less impact than soccer fields. people like this are opposed to EVERYTHING.

Change is bad! Ok?
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby keltik » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 am

Watched the vid last night. Sheesh that lady really has a stick up her ass. I think everyone was clapping because that guy pushed her off the soap box. She wasn't what I originally imagined but I was not surprised by what I saw. This vid almost makes an argument for "traditional gender roles" to make a comeback...
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby doubleb21 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 pm

chunk wrote:you guys don't get it. it's not that disc golf courses have less impact than soccer fields. people like this are opposed to EVERYTHING.

That is it 100%!
doubleb21
Noob

Favorite Disc: avenger ss

Postby JHern » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:53 pm

doubleb21 wrote:

That is it 100%!

Yep. We learned that the same people spent a great deal of effort to defeat a lighting proposal for a little league field in that same park, the kids wanted to play baseball for a longer season.

They are now going after Pinto Lake DGC, where we hosted the 2011 Worlds Finals in 2011, far from where they live.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby andrew » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:34 pm

I'd be that lady's agent for a comedy career.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby sunspot » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 pm

JHern wrote:
doubleb21 wrote:

That is it 100%!

Yep. We learned that the same people spent a great deal of effort to defeat a lighting proposal for a little league field in that same park, the kids wanted to play baseball for a longer season.

They are now going after Pinto Lake DGC, where we hosted the 2011 Worlds Finals in 2011, far from where they live.

If people like her were so concerned about the environment, then they would take their premise to the logical conclusion and live as hermits, living off the land. There is a difference between being a good steward of the environment and being an extremist. I will say, however, that she probably isn't too concerned about the environment but more concern about using her power and showing dominance towards those who have an opposing opinion. That is probably one of the reasons that she went past her allotted time during her speech. She believes that she is right, not necessarily that the environment is in danger, but that her opinion is of the utmost importance.

She is concerned about the dangers of disc golf while, ironically, nature is a lot more cruel than saying "fore".
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby allsport1313 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Oh goodness... thank you for sharing this. Woman is in desperate need of some D. I didn't hear a single compelling argument come out of her face. Protect the birds, flying razor blades, and PLZ NO "Championships"? I would tell her to politely off herself.
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Previous

Return to General Discussion