Putt Ranking - Global Disc Golf putting ranking list

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Putt Ranking - Global Disc Golf putting ranking list

Postby Yuha » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Hi,

We have just launched a new website, Putt Rating. Its global ranking list of Disc Golf putting.
Rankings are based on rating-points that are calculated with Elo-rating system, which is mostly famous for being used as ranking system for Chess players.

Rules are pretty simple, its putting game played 1on1, both players will shoot 10 times from 3 different spots (6 meter, 8 meter and 10 meters). Every basket counts 1 point, so the maximum score is 30 per game. Player with most points in the end wins the game and gets rating from other player.

Joining and playing Putt Ranking is totally free now and will always be. There is possibility to buy Premium-account that gives opportunity to see a lot detailed statistics, graphs, enter practise rounds etc etc.. And of course, the most important thing, there's a Putt Name Generator 8)

Join today and start PRanking with your friends :)

http://puttranking.com

PS. I'm sorry that I haven't registered here before, because now you just think I registered to advertise. Well, its partly true because I just registered :lol:
But I have been a reader for a long time :)
Yuha
Noob

Favorite Disc: Stalker

Re: Putt Ranking - Global Disc Golf putting ranking list

Postby JR » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:45 am

Welcome. I think ten meters as the longest distance is on the short side. Finnish champion Leo Piironen was on Finnish tv last year in the show ennätystehdas and he shot a pretty great percentage of putts in a minute iirc from ten meters. Plenty of points it was rapid fire because it was for a record for made putts in a minute . He probably had a way longer streak than ten in a row from ten meters.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Putt Ranking - Global Disc Golf putting ranking list

Postby Yuha » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:38 am

Time will tell will it be short or not. Most likely its too long for majority of users and it will show on statistics.

Hopefully Leo (and every other top-player) will get interested on Putt Ranking and we'll see what kind of changes is necessary to make.
Yuha
Noob

Favorite Disc: Stalker

Return to General Discussion