Sound Off - The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (over 1k posts!)

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ugly

Postby Jester_da1 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:24 pm

Ugly,
My favorite and most beat in Roc split the flight plate when it hit a parked riding mower at the course today. 18 monthes it took me to get that Roc just right. To add insult to injury I lost its back up ten minutes later. I searched for over an hour. Man what a day :cry:
Jester_da1
Tree Magnet

Postby Glock23 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:14 am

Good - Threw well yesterday, even with some wind. Crushed one of my longest Firebird drives ever, into a headwind! Was putting my Z Wildcat out to 400 with a good rip.
Bad - Still inconsistent with my putting, and it's costing me strokes. My release point with my mids feels off.
Ugly - Stupid skin condition with my hands, my index finger rip point has broken open, and bleeds with any irritation. Had to superglue it shut, and it hurts like hell. Not going to be able to throw a drive until it heals.
Touched some kind of nettle fetching a disc, and now have an itchy rash on my left hand/wrist.[/b]
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby garublador » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:51 am

Good - Was able to throw hyzers with most of my discs into a 10 o'clock, ~10MPH wind; almost hit metal on a ~330' downhill hole with a mid; had some pretty huge drives with a 4 o'clock wind.

Bad - Griplocked more than I have in a long time; putting was spotty at best.

Ugly - Lost (not just threw and forgot to pickup, actually couldn't find) my beat Teebird on a hole with no schule and short grass. Must have looked for 15 minutes for that thing and it was nowhere in sight. I even saw where it went after I threw it.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:13 am

Good - Got my new grip and slower run up working real well.

bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work

Ugly - really hurt my knee a week ago and it is still killing me bad. Got my first tourney of the season next weekend and I hope I can be a little competitive.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby garublador » Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:21 am

Frank_Delicious wrote:bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work.

unsolicited advice wrote:It might not be a problem with your grip. It could be timing or weight distribution. Be sure your weight is forward (over your plant foot), but not back (behind your heel) and that you're starting your pull after you plant, not at the same time as you plant.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby SkaBob » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:08 am

good - new tsunami in the spring fling players pack!
bad- my score :oops:
ugly - double...circle...seven. short hole, over a swamp. I dumped the same disc in twice, once from the drop-zone WAY closer than the tee.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:33 am

garublador wrote:
Frank_Delicious wrote:bad - still seem to be grip locking a lot with the new grip. When it doesn't work, it really doesn't work.

unsolicited advice wrote:It might not be a problem with your grip. It could be timing or weight distribution. Be sure your weight is forward (over your plant foot), but not back (behind your heel) and that you're starting your pull after you plant, not at the same time as you plant.

Now that you mention it, I might be starting my pull too early. I'll check that out. Thanks :D
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Fritz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:57 am

Good - Playing one of the sweetest course ever, which is brand new and just sweet! Up in the Poudre Canyon north of Ft. Collins. www.sundancetrail.com is the site. Red Feather is the name of the course. It was truly amazing.

Bad - Losing my favorite, perfectly beat in Valkyrie in the black abyss of a pond at Edora Park in Ft. Collins.

Ugly - My score over the weekend at the Grateful Disc Golf Festival in Ft. Collins, I totally bombed! My score should have been WAY closer to par then it was. Very disappointed.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:00 am

Thatdirtykid wrote:Ugly. threw a +11 yesterday during a tourney after throwing a +4 same layout

Good: Today threw the hot round on a tougher course of -2 and took 3rd for my best PDGA finish (Advanced AM)

Good: Got the only birdie on my card (and I am pretty sure the whole AM pool) on a particularly difficult hole. . . then in the next round did it again.

Was that hole #3?
I heard of the legend of the Sabre park.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:53 am

yeah hole three at red feathers. twice, the disc landed within a foot of where it had the previous round.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby coogs » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:41 am

Good: Reading advice meant for another poster, yet also realizing that I, too, am starting my pull too early.

Bad: Not clearing out the basket at league play yesterday and throwing in a sloppy putt that hit the top of the disc inside of the basket and popped out.

Ugly: Losing the league match by one stroke.
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:58 am

Good: Just picked up 2 of the Fundraiser discs for our LA state championships
Awesome lookin disc, and it's $20 instead of the usual $25 that I was expecting from a full stamp fundraiser disc. 1 Buzz for the wall, and one Surge for my bag.
Also been chunkin some awesome drives with my new 132 Ultralight Raging Inferno DT. (Thanx Justin, but when my gateway discs don't do what I plan I tell myself "Damn that Justin Main")

Bad: Still missing my old Minnesota Majestic Starfire and Oldddd school first run Champion Orc. Lost in the water in Baton Rouge. My bread and butter discs, both beat in giving them awesome glide and HSS for my power level.

Ugly: Im stuck at work pushing buttons bored again as usual. YAY ME! It's ok tho. Im about to go to lunch and to break out this new Surge fundraiser disc in the field next to work and check out how it flies. Pretty much a daily routine for me.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby zealot » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:34 pm

BAD!!!!! I was just flexing my favorite M Wizard to be some more stability out of the rim and I FREAKING BUSTED THE RIM!!!!! AHHHHHHHH
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:38 pm

bad- I took my nephew out to play disc for his first time ever today and when we were just getting started he nailed me right in the shaft from about 3 feet away.....ouch!...and my wife felt bad for me but for some reason she just couldn't stop laughing at me while I was in pain....

I forgot that when your teaching some one to throw usually your safer standing in front of them.....I guess I'll remember from now on...
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:58 pm

lock-off wrote:BAD!!!!! I was just flexing my favorite M Wizard to be some more stability out of the rim and I FREAKING BUSTED THE RIM!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

yeah that happened to me once, mediums dont really give enough. you can fold most softs nearly in half though.

S plastic seems to be the most abrasion and gouge resistant, as well as holding its shape the best (out of baseline plastics) but its the only modern plastic I have cracked. (Med wizard on a tree and saturday S hybrid on the ground, thumber style)

Still my favorite plastic :-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion